DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: grey
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
Bent21606 is on a distinguished road
Default cheers to are year old trucks

i am surprised ive had my truck for a year now. what are things you like/dont like about your trucks how many miles and what did you do or not do that you thought you would

i like the performance and looks of my truck. i dont like how bad the truck is at handling weight in the bed or tongue weight of a heavy trailer or how noticeable the eco mode is. i honestly dont feel that the truck is a solid made as it should be. i dont know exactly how to explain it but it doesnt feel like further down the line at like 200k miles the truck is going to hold up like i would want it to.

as for the miles i have 31 or 32k miles on it. thats alot but ive car pooled and only drove every other day for the last 4-6 months so it could be worse. not seeing the kind of gas millage thats promised lol i guess i hi to much traffic and all cause i only get 14.5-15.5 going back and forth to work. i have gotten 20 on a long road trip no traffic though.

so far i put a flow master 50 delta on it and i really like that. the 2.5 leveling kit really made the truck look nicer too. i have a solid fold extang cove on the bed i like alot but it gets frozen and its hard to use my bed in the winter. besides the floor mats i havent done much else. i wanted to lift it but i settled for the level kit and ive really wanted tow hooks but havent got around to it/ waiting for after market ones.

well thats all i wanted to make a post like this on 12/14 when my truck was officially one year old to me but now is as good as ever.
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2011, 05:52 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:25
Bulldawg1359 is on a distinguished road

I think all trucks have their ups and downs, but I think Dodge still offers the best truck around! I also think it is one of the best looking trucks out there, I get comments on it almost daily.

Cheers!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg1359 View Post
I think all trucks have their ups and downs, but I think Dodge still offers the best truck around! I also think it is one of the best looking trucks out there, I get comments on it almost daily.

Cheers!
agreed it was between the chevy and the dodge for me. ( my last truck was a chevy and all my dads truck were dodges) and the chevys were just unchanged nothing fancy no hemi so i went witht he dodge. i can say i dont have enough faith in dodge to not buy a warranty lol i got the max care life time warranty
Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the 1500 models are only glorified car with a open trunk, coil springs, instead of leaf springs, like a car

put on air springs to boost your carrying & towing weights, Total Load Control & Ride Rite sell them

I get 15.8 MPG at 72 MPH, more if i hold it down to 70 & below
My best was 18 MPG
My Ram weighs 6,300 pounds with my tools & me in it

I increased my MPG a bit by installing a K&N air filter

Jacking it up or using a more aggressive tire will drop your MPG more
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 12-29-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500 crew cab
Trim Level: big horn sport
Color: white gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
glimmerman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent21606 View Post
i am surprised ive had my truck for a year now. what are things you like/dont like about your trucks how many miles and what did you do or not do that you thought you would

i like the performance and looks of my truck. i dont like how bad the truck is at handling weight in the bed or tongue weight of a heavy trailer or how noticeable the eco mode is. i honestly dont feel that the truck is a solid made as it should be. i dont know exactly how to explain it but it doesnt feel like further down the line at like 200k miles the truck is going to hold up like i would want it to.

as for the miles i have 31 or 32k miles on it. thats alot but ive car pooled and only drove every other day for the last 4-6 months so it could be worse. not seeing the kind of gas millage thats promised lol i guess i hi to much traffic and all cause i only get 14.5-15.5 going back and forth to work. i have gotten 20 on a long road trip no traffic though.

so far i put a flow master 50 delta on it and i really like that. the 2.5 leveling kit really made the truck look nicer too. i have a solid fold extang cove on the bed i like alot but it gets frozen and its hard to use my bed in the winter. besides the floor mats i havent done much else. i wanted to lift it but i settled for the level kit and ive really wanted tow hooks but havent got around to it/ waiting for after market ones.

well thats all i wanted to make a post like this on 12/14 when my truck was officially one year old to me but now is as good as ever.
just out of curiosity did the leveling kit actually level your truck...i recently had a leveling kit put on mine as well and its still a inch low in the front...I asked and they said it wast the biggest kit called for..I thought a leveling kit was supposed to level it..taking it next week to another shop to have it checked...not happy...wanted to level the front first then put a 3 inch body lift on...then tires..already have my powder coated rims on..
Old 12-30-2011, 10:21 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:25
Bulldawg1359 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
just out of curiosity did the leveling kit actually level your truck...i recently had a leveling kit put on mine as well and its still a inch low in the front...I asked and they said it wast the biggest kit called for..I thought a leveling kit was supposed to level it.
I have a 2 wheel drive, and i got a 1 and 1/2 inch level kit. It looks level and really good. (if not a little higher in the front) I have no idea what the problem could be.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glimmerman View Post
just out of curiosity did the leveling kit actually level your truck...i recently had a leveling kit put on mine as well and its still a inch low in the front...I asked and they said it wast the biggest kit called for..I thought a leveling kit was supposed to level it..taking it next week to another shop to have it checked...not happy...wanted to level the front first then put a 3 inch body lift on...then tires..already have my powder coated rims on..
i have 4x4 and no its not level but better