DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-10-2011, 02:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:210
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Sweet, do you have a color picked for your truck yet?
Old 11-10-2011, 03:15 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

a have a couple ideas. i owned a black 99 before this one so naturally black is a choice. ive also considered flat black. but on a extreme twisted note, im considering Line-X'in the whole truck. ive checked in with the local line-x dealer and he quotes at 3500 for the whole job. the prep is identical to painting, and he also mentioned if there were some body dings or dents those could be taken care of for a couple hundred dollars more. so thats my cross roads.... cant make up my mind
Old 11-10-2011, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

just my opinion but a bedlinered truck is not a sellable truck, just something to keep in mind. Really would have to find the right buyer if you ever wanted to sell it.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 PM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

a point i had considered. but this is my second ram of this era and i regret getting rid of my first one. ive dumped alot of money into this current one rebuilding it and i own it outright. i wont sell it.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:44 PM

sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
a point i had considered. but this is my second ram of this era and i regret getting rid of my first one. ive dumped alot of money into this current one rebuilding it and i own it outright. i wont sell it.
If you Line-X'd it... It would be appealing to serious off roaders if you were to sell. You wouldnt have to worry about scratched paint and you sure wouldnt need to deal with pulling small/shallow dents as they wouldnt be noticable anyways with the course texture of line-x anyways, save your money on the dents. If its a deep dent, sure pull it out but most wont be visable anyways when finnished. Are you talking of doing the interior floors as well with no carpet? Sounds high on the price, but if you do all the sanding ( just basic scuffing ) that will cut out all the labor and all they need to do is mask and spray ( besides the wipe down unless you do that as well ) Just a thought.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:12 PM

yes the dealer said if i did the prep work it would cut on cost. as you mentioned it would be appealing to serious off roaders. thats one reason i considered it. no waxing, no buffing. no hail damage, well windows but not body wise. yes id do the interior as well, but ill lay the carpet back down, it helps fill gaps left with trim and can hide some of the wiring. it would be a huge job all things considered. i may even go as far as the frame and some other essential parts. its only going to make this truck last longer for me.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:38 AM

as it sits today
Old 01-09-2012, 10:08 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

wow looks great man! Like a brand new truck. I'd tint the front windows for sure though!

Old 01-09-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
wow looks great man! Like a brand new truck. I'd tint the front windows for sure though!
Oh yeah tinted windows and some airbrushings is in the works.... soon on the airbrushing. Tint? Might do it myself....been awhile but think I can handle 2 doors.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:40 PM

And nice house and neighborhood to boot!