DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamNJ View Post
I do the same and try not to park next to other cars. I don't mind the walk. I have had bad experiences parking next to other people. I would see a shopping cart parked right up against my truck or people leaving there trash right next to yours and it looks like you did it. I don't like those people that take up two parking spaces so they wont get the car damaged cause that's just wrong but I can see why they do but I would never do that. I love when someone parks so close to me that I can't open my door. That one is the best so I leave a nice note on there windshield.

Print up some of these....they should work just perfect!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Too Close.jpg (22.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 01-10-2012, 03:27 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Hemi
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
RamNJ is on a distinguished road

Heybrowndog that's a good one. I love that thumbnail. I will make a couple copies and store it in my truck just in case I run into that problem again.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:31 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyBrownDog View Post
Print up some of these....they should work just perfect!!!
LMAO
Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: Deep Cherry
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:15
RamRoy is on a distinguished road

Hey...wonderful drive home! I drive back country roads home (beautiful scenery) and a truck pulling a horse trailor with EXTENDED mirrors smacked the SH!T out of my mirror. I was hugging the tree line as best I could when SMACK!!!! Busted mirror. Took me 6 or 7 miles to catch up with her because there were 2 vehicles between us and there was no passing. Ahhhhh scerenity.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

ouch well at least you caught them my mothers suv was smashed 3 separate times in a parking lot and every time the people ran so now it needs both front fenders replaced and the rear bumper repainted PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:41 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: White
Rep:37
DWWHemiguy is on a distinguished road

I try to park away from other cars even if it means having to walk a little extra. But I'm always worried that some idiot is gonna key my vehicle because they want to prove something. When I see a nice car or truck parked far away,I understand why. If it's a really nice good lookin vehicle I stop to admire it. Some people are just careless and some are just mean.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I've completely given up on parking at the back of the lot to avoid the idiots, as when I do, the problem is actually worse! Even in -30deg, I always seem to end up with a vehicle on each side on me, and you'd think they would at least leave enough room to open the door. Now I try to find a spot with a curb on one side, and park with the drivers door to the curb so at least i can into my truck.

I also give out 'tickets'. I print the following on heavy yellow paper, sized to mimic a real parking ticket.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 01-11-2012, 12:29 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:40
titanman2789 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamNJ View Post
I don't like those people that take up two parking spaces so they wont get the car damaged cause that's just wrong but I can see why they do but I would never do that.
Hey I do that in my truck and in my Challenger. I'll park way far out and straddle the lines. I actually found this one nice spot where I shop. There is a curb (part of a little island thing) then two spots and then a cart keeper. Hey I'll take up both of those spots. Only carts around there are the ones that are brought back by people that are not lazy. And it's far enough away that there's always closer spots - so no one should be upset that I have 2 spots.

Why take a chance on it? If you take up 2 spots and some a-hole parks right up next to you and wants to ding your car, they will do it. If their mind is set on dinging your nice truck out in the parking lot, they would do it if you are parked in 1 spot, so why not stop the morons from doing it and hope there isn't someone out there trying to get you. These cars and trucks cost lots of money. To some people, a car is just to go from point A to point B. To me, it's more than that, and I'm always excited to get back into my car or truck in a parking lot and drive it.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:11
RamEZ is on a distinguished road

I park out in the boonies too. It usually works but once in a while someone will go all the way out there and park up against my truck seemingly just to be a smart a**.

Part of the reason I installed step bars was to destroy the door of any butt wipe that tries to slam it into the side of my Ram.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:21
11Express is on a distinguished road

I always try to park as far away as possible as well as uphill from the shopping cart returns. Most people don't even try to put the carts in the returns, others just push em in the general direction of the returns.

It drives my wife nuts as well. I now just drop her off at the door, go park and then meet her inside