DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Longhorn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:55
Bruce E will become famous soon enough
Default Death wobble

Well I have installed the Ready-Lift kit (2.5" in front; 1.5" in back) and completed the front end alignment and I do have the death wobble. The severity of the wobble is directly linked to the amount of power applied. If I just drive normal it is a slight vibration until about 60km/hr and then seems to go away unless you go WOT then it is a definate wobble. If you go WOT from a standstill or very low speed it will rip the steering wheel out of your hands.
Interesting how some vehicle have it and some don't. I am assuming my opptions are remove it or install the Core high angle CV joints. If anyone has installed these I'd like to know if it eliminated the problem or not.
If anyone else has other advice I'm all ears.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

The reason your wobble is so bad is because you have a TRX. If you change your struts out this would be a very little wobble if any. My suggestion is take the ready lift off and buy you some bilstein 5100's. Problem solved.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:22 PM

I would think if it was the struts causing the issue the wobble would occur when in two wheel drive as well?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

I am not sure if it should do the wobble in 2wd. I know guys with the TRX were having wobble issues with a leveling kit on their TRX. Not sure if it was only in 4wd or not. A lot of them replaced the struts with bilsteins and it took care of the wobble.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:11 AM

I have now put about 1500 km on the truck since installing the Ready Lift. The wobble/vibration has diminished a lot. It's not completly gone in 4 wheel but is certainly livible for now. I guess just driving it around helped everything to settle into place. Truck has a much nicer stance to it now. I can hardly wait to purchase the DC-2 Rims and either the Dick Cepek Radial FC-II or the Mud Terrain, in 35" 75 17's.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

i kind of had the same problem with the 5100s but my alignment was off a bit and now its just a small vibration and it still pisses me off and gotta get it fixed somehow
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 01-16-2012, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

I don't remember which sites it was but I recall seeing warnings about the TRX trucks when looking at lift/level products. I remember one specifically stating that some of these trucks have a slight vibe in 4x4 and that a level could increase the vibe while in 4x4, particularly on the TRX. I also seem to remember some of the products stating "not for installation on TRX models".
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 2500 cummins
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
Drifterny is on a distinguished road

Looking at a 2012 2500. If i put in a 2" leveling kit will I get this death wobble thing?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Rep:251
2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce E View Post
I have now put about 1500 km on the truck since installing the Ready Lift. The wobble/vibration has diminished a lot. It's not completly gone in 4 wheel but is certainly livible for now. I guess just driving it around helped everything to settle into place. Truck has a much nicer stance to it now. I can hardly wait to purchase the DC-2 Rims and either the Dick Cepek Radial FC-II or the Mud Terrain, in 35" 75 17's.
glad to hear that the wobble isnt as bad anymore Bruce! I have 8000 kms on my FC-II's and am still very happy, seriously little to know where on them even with a fawked up wheel bearing and 2 ball joints that are on their way out... alot better in the snow than I first thought... still not much road noise. If you are buying from sudbury send me a pm and I will give you options (i think I did before) for places to buy... I deal with someone else in town now and am happy so far!