DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram express
Trim Level: express
Rep:10
PA RAM is on a distinguished road
Default express purchase (food for thought)

well, called the dealer yesterday and talked to my salesman & friend. i was 97% ready to pull that trigger when he threw a curve ball and mentioned this to me: this is just another take on it. he said: do you really want to take a new truck thru the ravages of winter? granted its going to see it eventualy. the $2500 rebate is not going away. the ram you want is not going away. now, sometime in spring they offer another rebate (possibily). you and i dont have a crystal ball. not late! no later than feb. you could make 3 more payments on the canyon. yes your canyon will take a hit in jan, but dont forget, you made 3 payments. and thoes payments will most likley be greater than the drop in value on your canyon in jan. hense....you will have a lower payment. your call. i will sell it to you this week if you want. if you were driving a two wheel car, i would sell it to you now. but you have a great winter ride. he is off today, but we are going to touch base again wednesday. whats your input....

1. go with it now
2. wait the 3 months

i am really in the middle. but i am thinking waiting may be better? and it gives me time to make sure its what i really want.
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Of course it's up to you, but the way I would look at it is like this: If you can afford it now, you found the truck you really want, and you are happy with the price and the rest of the deal, I'd take it now, as in 3 months the truck may be gone or may cost more, etc.... At the same time, it may be even a better deal in 3 months, but you never know. If it were me, I'd buy it if I was happy with the deal. If I wasn't too thrilled about it, or wasn't sure I'd sit on it. As for the truck taking a beating during the winter, I wouldn't be too concerned with that, one winter won't make a difference really over it's whole life IMO, I'd just try to practice some good maintenance to help prevent corrosion, like washing the underneath of the truck and the wheel wells off with a hose after driving through salt/snow, or at least like every weekend or something like that. We did this on our s10 and it spent a lot of time in the snow, and it still runs damn near perfect and has over 220,000 miles on it, and just recently started showing surface rust on the frame where the protective coatings have worn off(15 years later). The body has no rust. Truck was sold recently to a friend so probably has even more miles like 230,000. Good luck whatever you do!

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:55 PM
erm

Still can't commit, eh?

If not this winter, next winter for sure so what's really stopping you?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:51 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: eXpress
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:15
fat1 is on a distinguished road

Nike man Nike (just do it)
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: 1500 Express
Color: Hunter Green
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
dodger2107 is on a distinguished road
Default Express

The sooner you get it the sooner you'll fall in love with it.I love mine
Old 01-19-2012, 07:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Trim Level: st
Color: deep water blue pearl coat
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:14
daggertats is on a distinguished road

if your happy with the deal and love the truck id take it now. if you dont and they cant get another like it and the deal isnt as good youll be doin the damn it i shoulda bought it thing for months. good luck in whatever you do...post pics when ya do it
Old 01-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Express Hemi is on a distinguished road

Don't feel bad... I went in to have the navigation fixed on my Magnum and came out with a 2011 Express. I only owned the Mag for 3 months hahahaha. Then I deployed 4 weeks later for 6 months (still over here). I did get a good deal on the truck and even though I didn't put any money down, I still don't feel any buyer's remorse.

I just noticed that the OP posted this 3 months ago. Did you get the Express?
Old 01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

With snow, ice, as well as all those hills in Pa
I hope they waited, but they will get bad weather until late May
so it is a toss up either way
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle