DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT sport
Color: red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:183
Dann has a spectacular aura aboutDann has a spectacular aura about
Default Info please on some american parts

OK so give you a quick run down on whats going on,You all know me from england you know I have a supra mkiv non turbo, So whats happening is I am on a quest to get as much out of my 2jz GE engine with out forced induction.

I am already upto 280.9bhp done alot of mods to get this far but today upon cleaning the supras engine bay I thought I would check the spark plugs etc, Took out No1 cylinder plug and it was dripping in oil any way after compression test etc turns out my valve seals are going on cylnder 1.

So went on net and looking through the american sites as English sites for supras (if it aint turbo its ****) thats all ya get and they dont wanna know ya. So come to the american sites as you guys are about 3 years ahead of us in the tuning area anyway and your are more respectful too.

So Parts in question.

Brian Crowler ? do you know? have you heard? whats his stuff like? Do you recomend his stuff ?

I am after getting,

Stage 2 cams
Titinium valve springs and retainers
Stainless steel valves over size
Head gasket
Intake and exhaust seals.

Once this is all fitted am expecting 310 - 320 bhp out of my non turbo supra do you think that is ok or will it be more or less ?

Many thanks

Dann
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2009, 04:00 PM
erm

hmm..no clue, Dann. Not many of us here have a Supra. Maybe some of the Supra forums can answer your questions.

I'd think that if you are diligent in your research on the parts, a cam upgrade with all the right bits will improve your HP, especially on the top end.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:62
boostjunkie1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
OK so give you a quick run down on whats going on,You all know me from england you know I have a supra mkiv non turbo, So whats happening is I am on a quest to get as much out of my 2jz GE engine with out forced induction.

I am already upto 280.9bhp done alot of mods to get this far but today upon cleaning the supras engine bay I thought I would check the spark plugs etc, Took out No1 cylinder plug and it was dripping in oil any way after compression test etc turns out my valve seals are going on cylnder 1.

So went on net and looking through the american sites as English sites for supras (if it aint turbo its ****) thats all ya get and they dont wanna know ya. So come to the american sites as you guys are about 3 years ahead of us in the tuning area anyway and your are more respectful too.

So Parts in question.

Brian Crowler ? do you know? have you heard? whats his stuff like? Do you recomend his stuff ?

I am after getting,

Stage 2 cams
Titinium valve springs and retainers
Stainless steel valves over size
Head gasket
Intake and exhaust seals.

Once this is all fitted am expecting 310 - 320 bhp out of my non turbo supra do you think that is ok or will it be more or less ?

Many thanks

Dann

Do it right and you will have around what you are expecting ...... Slap a Turbo on that thing and make 500+