DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:71
wbowyer will become famous soon enough
Default Question For You CST Guys!

Can any of the guys with the CST spindle lift kits please tell me if the front wheels are "pushed out" by this lift? If so what kind of spacer do I need for the rears to line up properly?

7" lift coming soon and need to know what all to order with the wheels and tires.

Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Anybody able to help me out?
Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT BigHorn
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:108
Stuck2theAxles will become famous soon enoughStuck2theAxles will become famous soon enough

the wheels stick out 1.5 inches more in the front than the rear here is what it looks like its not bad at all i wouldnt put spacers on it, and dont go with the 7 inch do a 6 inch in the front and go custom in the back, the 7 inch does a number on your shocks if you go off road at all, ill done alot of R & D with 4th gen trucks built 4 with CST kits so far and trust me 6 is the way to go

2012 CCSB Lone Star 4WD - McGaughys , KMC, shaved clean

2012 CC 2500 Cummins - Thuren, Fox , H&S w deletes upstairs and down
Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about

^What size lift and tires? The track width difference is hideous

Did you say it'd tear your shocks up from offroading in your 2wd!? What kinda offroading do 2wd's do!?
Old 01-15-2012, 10:44 PM

Stuck2theAxles will become famous soon enoughStuck2theAxles will become famous soon enough

Well this is a lost cause but ill answer your question its 6 inch lift in the front 2.5 inches in rear 35s on 20s and when you live somewhere that has 0 rain 9 months out of the year and snow doesnt exist you dont need 4 wheels drive to have fun you go in the dessert and drift at 75-80mph and shoot 30 foot roost of sand. i love 4 wheel drive truck and i actually own both so im sorry you dont like the prerunner look its def an aquired taste thats for sure

Old 01-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like I hit a soft spot. I was just asking about your truck no need to get defensive! Although I prolly would too. Whats with the lost cause comment?

You really didnt have to justif yourself, was kinda lame actually. Can't you do the same thing in a 4wd? Just leave it in 2wd and throw your rooster tails and shit. Then when you get stuck pop it in 4wd? Sorry just confuse.

About the Prerunner look, no wasnt a fan. But its growing on me. However to lift a 2wd, I do think that is really dumb. Differet people, different opinions
Old 01-16-2012, 12:11 AM

not defensive at all sorry to be direct, the lost cause thing is because out here we have your hardcore crawlers ( jeeps and old ass rusty yotas ) , the truck guys ( lifted lowered whatever ) and then your hardcore diesel guys and we all see eachother at the dirtbike tracks and at 4 wheel parts n what not n we all bicker back and forth and trying to explain something to another group of enthusiast is usually a lost cause im sure you have people like that around.

Offff course you can get stuck and throw it in four wheel drive thats the easy park hence my name haha like i said i own both i have a 2012 4wd with a Rough Country kit on it with the Superlift/Mopar diff brackets and i love it and i have my desert toy which i love too, actually alil more cuz it has 4.56s and my 2012 there is no programmer out yet to comp for the gears if i were to get some. All n all trucks are fun i didnt mean to sound like a dick im just giving the guy who posted and answer to his question cuz i have built up 3 or 4 dodges with CST kits on em and the 7 inch is a concrete cowboy for sure i wouldnt even advise going over a speed bump with you music up too loud, so i thought he should know, hey if nothing else we have similiar taste in wheels i have the all blacks on the prerunner and the half black have polished hostages on my 4wd

Last edited by Stuck2theAxles; 01-16-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:33 PM

Thanks for the input! I am going to have a street queen that will only really see "off road" while towing my jeep out to go wheeling. Truck is my DD and my jeep is the weekend warrior, and is totally streetable on its own but I prefer to tow it in case I break something on the trail...just tow her home and worry about it later! Add to that the fact that I can't go ANYWHERE in a full size at any of the decent offroad parks without doing some serious damage and I think I'll have my street queen and trail king!
Truck (so far):
2011 ST QC Deep Cherry Red, 3.92 LSD Hemi
Frontier Gear HD Front and Rear Bumper Replacements in Black
20% Viper Tint
Viper 2-Way Remote Start
Magnaflow 16869 Kit
In Progress:
EVIC addition (from a wrecked truck, waiting on the mileage)
18" Moto Metal MO961's black with the red accents color matched to the truck (waiting on tax time for the lift)
325/65/18 Fierce M/T's (can't beat the price for a tire that's been lasting 2500 Cummins trucks 55000 miles, performs excellent in wet weather and snow)
N-Fab Steps with bed access, in black.

Jeep:
04 Rubicon 5 Speed
3" Rubicon Express Lift
16" Eagle Alloys
33" KM2's, pitbull rocker extreme's coming in the spring
Blue Torch Fab Front and rear stubbies
Mile Marker SIC9500
Home brew sway bar disconnect

Different Strokes for Different Folks! I just want something that looks pretty for my DD that can handle some mild offroading when I need it to. On a truck all that 4wd does is get you stuck further back in the woods. Atleast on my jeep I have lockers, a winch and am usually with a bunch of other people.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: charcoal grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:53
tinniste 079 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy08 View Post
Sounds like I hit a soft spot. I was just asking about your truck no need to get defensive! Although I prolly would too. Whats with the lost cause comment?

You really didnt have to justif yourself, was kinda lame actually. Can't you do the same thing in a 4wd? Just leave it in 2wd and throw your rooster tails and shit. Then when you get stuck pop it in 4wd? Sorry just confuse.

About the Prerunner look, no wasnt a fan. But its growing on me. However to lift a 2wd, I do think that is really dumb. Differet people, different opinions
4wd limits travel adds weight and you cant increase your track width the added track width and lower stance is more stable. If your not from the desert you will never understand, its alot different then mudding.