DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:643
GT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to allGT is a name known to all
Default Buy one Get one Free!

I swear if I didn't just buy a new car I'd jump all over this!

FROM CNN

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A newspaper advertisement for a Miami car dealership reads more like a coupon for bags of potato chips: "Buy one, get two!"
It's estimated that 900 automotive dealerships will have shut their doors by year's end.

The ad speaks to the desperation of car dealers as Big Three auto manufacturers beg Washington for billions in bailout dollars to combat sales that keep dipping to all-time lows.
"The first thing people think when they come in is, 'It's a fake ad. It's a normal car dealer ad. It's a gimmick.' But it's not," said Ali Ahmed, sales manager at Rob Lambdin's University Dodge in Miami.
To be fair, there is a catch to the buy-one-get-one-free offer: You must first buy a new Dodge truck at full retail price before you're eligible to receive a second truck for about $3,000 in tax, tags and dealer fees.
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

That is insane!! I wish I had some extra money..wait..I'm in Canada ..nevermind..

..but then again, it will most likely be a global issue soon.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:25 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
1970 Charger is on a distinguished road
Default Beware of this Scam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe0n View Post
I swear if I didn't just buy a new car I'd jump all over this!

FROM CNN

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A newspaper advertisement for a Miami car dealership reads more like a coupon for bags of potato chips: "Buy one, get two!"
It's estimated that 900 automotive dealerships will have shut their doors by year's end.

The ad speaks to the desperation of car dealers as Big Three auto manufacturers beg Washington for billions in bailout dollars to combat sales that keep dipping to all-time lows.
"The first thing people think when they come in is, 'It's a fake ad. It's a normal car dealer ad. It's a gimmick.' But it's not," said Ali Ahmed, sales manager at Rob Lambdin's University Dodge in Miami.
To be fair, there is a catch to the buy-one-get-one-free offer: You must first buy a new Dodge truck at full retail price before you're eligible to receive a second truck for about $3,000 in tax, tags and dealer fees.

Hey Boss,

I just wanted to inform you this was a scam. Beware of things that are to good to be true. I posted this info on the Challenger side before on this. This advertising was banned in Illinois along with an investigation into illegal practices.
Here is how it works, the dealer goes out and buys a bunch of PT Cruisers for around $6000.00 with an average of 17,000 - 20,000 miles on them. Now here is where people get taken, the PT Cruiser is the free car, you get to take your pick of what he just bought at the auction. But only on the select vehicles with $10,000.00 or more of rebates/dealer cash/& mark-up.Now you buy a $40,000.00 plus vehicle with the savings of $10,000.00, but you do not get it off the deal. If you read the fine print in the add, all rebates and incentives are forfeited to the dealer. Which means he now has made a $4000.00 profit on every PT Cruiser he gave away.
Now for the KICKER!!!! Remember when you were all enthused & excited when you received your second car?? Now you just financed the whole first vehicle that they weren't giving away. Try to trade it in 3 years when you still owe $20,000.00 plus on it and have to come up with around $12,000.00 - $15,000.00 just to trade out of it to pay off the loan because you are upside down on the loan to value of the trade. It is a ripple effect all the way until you get rid of the vehicle. Also note that some financial institutions will not give you gap insurance on a loan like that. So if it gets totalled in an accident, you're totally screwed between what the insurance company will give and what you will need to release the title to them.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:33 PM

Vehicle: 08 Charger
Trim Level: SRT
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:404
SRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really nice

Very interesting read, Matt!

You can help support your favorite Dodge Ram site by becoming a Site_Supporter

"How To's" that will help you learn how to use the forum features can be found here!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:53 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

What a scam . That dealer gets no pity from me . CLOSE YOUR DOORS