DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.9 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.9 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram
Color: Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
lascaster is on a distinguished road
Default Intake suggestions??

Hey guys, well, ive got the engine back from the machine shop, time to put it all back together but I cant decide what I want to do for the intake. I do want to keep a throttle body on it and am about to order the fastman 52mm. Other mods ive done are fairly mild so im not sure if I will get much of a benifit from a new intake. Thats why im asking you guys. as far as mods done, Ive got long tube headers, and free flowing exhaust, cold air intake, the heads have been rebuilt, plus the machine shop has worked em over pretty good, he hasnt flow benched them yet but they will definitely be flowing better than stock. I have a cam in it too but i cant recall the specs right now, basically an rv cam. not sure if these will even ad performance but ive got the accel performance coil and other ignition parts, as well as some nicer plug wires.

so now to the intakes, im thinking about swapping the kegger for a hughes FI airgap, or the mopar performance M1 i think it is. any experience with these? is one better? will it help me get more power from my mods?

Thanks guys!
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Rep:34
tuckertrucker is on a distinguished road

I myself have done alot of research on both of those intakes, If it was not for my truck being a 95 with egr I would go with the hughes airgap. Dont get me wrong both are good, But by the time you buy all the extras for the m1 you will be over the price of the airgap. $599 gets you all you need to bolt on the airgap. With the mods you already have you should get some nice gains. I have not had eather of these intakes but have done considerable research. Also where do you want the power lowend, topend? This is something you have to decide, My 2 cents Hughes all the way. Contact them tell them what you have, I am sure they can steer you in the right direction. Research, Research, Reasearch I cant stress that enough, Good Luck
Old 02-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 97 ram 1500 ss/t 5.9
Trim Level: ss/t
Color: sunset burnt orange
Rep:44
dodgeman2289 is on a distinguished road

try and find a m1 intake manafold. it wrks better if u got a cam. the airgap is mostly for a stock engine. numerous guys will tell u to go with m1 if ur going heads cam.