DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Charcoal grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
jaydlaw is on a distinguished road
Default bumper replacement and upgrade

I got into a little fender bender Friday, i was following my friend, and he stopped short. the only real damage was to my bumper (and his) because his tow hitch and ball went thru the cutout in my bumper. i need to replace it. the cost to purchase doesn't seem like much, and i am somewhat mechanically inclined. how hard is it to replace a bumper, also, my currently bumper doesn't have the cut outs for fog lights, and i'm thinking about upgrading. how hard is that to do. any advice would be helpful. the truck is a '11 RAM 1500 SLT (chrome bumpers).

Also, if you know a place online that i could get a good deal, i have to replace my friends rear bumper as well (06 toyota trundra).
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 DODGE RAM SPORT QC 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: BLACK
Rep:10
514RAM is on a distinguished road

same here i have the chrome bumper with no fogs but am thinking of upgrading to either the chrome with fogs or possible the plastic color matched with fogs.

Iknow the chrome bumpers are pretty much the same with the exception of the wiring of the fogs, but if i went the plastic color matched route, what would i need?

also where is the best place to get it for agreat price?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Rep:10
rscwboy is on a distinguished road
Red face

We havecthe same bumpers and therefore similar problems. We started with the dealership for basic idea pricings...rear colormatch swap is fairly easy for like 400 plus paintshop. Front on the other hand was closer to 800 because colormatching changes the upper fascia piece and so both it and bumper get change, again primered so needs painting. I am currently trying to find a rear rollpan and front bumper to get, will stay posted and update as well
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:81
1500ram12 will become famous soon enough

if you want just a chrome replacement bumper with cutouts go to rockauto.com I bought a rear bumper with the dual exhaust cutouts through them for about $350 w/shipping. I do plan on replacing the front bumper too. if you want to stick with a chrome bumper or a painted non sport bumper (w/fogs) replacing it shouldn't be very difficult. probably about 6 bolts and it should just pop off. ebay has a bunch of painted non sport bumpers w/fogs for about $375 i think. If you went with a sport bumper it will cost more because you have to add a bunch of other parts to be able to mount it. Hope this helps
Old 02-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:81
1500ram12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 514RAM View Post
same here i have the chrome bumper with no fogs but am thinking of upgrading to either the chrome with fogs or possible the plastic color matched with fogs.

Iknow the chrome bumpers are pretty much the same with the exception of the wiring of the fogs, but if i went the plastic color matched route, what would i need?

also where is the best place to get it for agreat price?
ebay has painted steel bumpers with fog cutouts for around $375. Not sure how close of a match they are to the factory color but at least they are already painted so it is less prep work to re-paint if needed. I plan on swapping the front bumper with one w/fogs here soon. Not sure if I want to stick w/chrome or go with black.