DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:56
Zac2109 will become famous soon enough
Default Adding Keyless Entry to Ram 2500 ST

I've seen posts for 2010's but not for 2011's, just trying to figure out how to add keyless entry to my truck. I have power windows and locks and the receiver. I can acquire a FOBIK from the dealer, not a big deal, I want the factory look and not an aftermarket system. But what do I need to have the dealer do to the computer and FOBIK to make it work? There was a sequence of thing you could do for the 2010's just wasnt sure if it would work for the 2011 as well. And I'd also want the factor window roll down feature as well. Thanks ahead of time for your help and imput.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the 2009 through 2012s should all be the same when it comes to adding the factory remote start, window feature, etc
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:82
APSTRAM will become famous soon enough

Cheapest way for me when I looked into this for my 2011 ST was to get the factory remote start kit. At the time I did the mod there was a need to tell the dealer to add an additional sales code (GXM) but now the dealers are able to add this option to your truck without any problems.

With the remote start you will get 2 new key fobs and your chipped keys can be programmed to the new ignition for spares.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:33 AM

Vehicle: 2011 1500
Trim Level: 4X4 Big Horn Crew
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Murph0408 is on a distinguished road

mind = blown that they even make these trucks without keyless entry
Old 01-22-2012, 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Flame Red
Rep:56
Zac2109 will become famous soon enough

yea its kind of ridiculous, the sticker on my truck is close to 50 thousand and it doesnt have keyless entry, and the kicker is when I bought it they didn't have it on the lot, and had to have it brought in from a dealer is Missouri (I live in Tennessee) and I made sure I asked if the truck had keyless entry and remote start. Sales man assured me that yes it did and even walked me through how the FOBIK's work that way incase he wasnt there when my truck got delivered I would know how to operate the remote start and window roll down feature. Well sure enough I take delivery of my truck and he hands me a set of keys with no FOBIK, and I asked where it was and he said oh this truck doesnt come with keyless entry. And i said well you told me it did so I want it on my truck. Then he swears up and down he never told me my truck would have it and that if I remembered correctly I signed a piece of paper a few days earlier that stated he made no promised to me as to what accessories the truck would have unless they were in writing. Well I didnt think keyless entry was something I needed to have put on that paper. Just another way a dealership screwed someone else over.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Scoooter is on a distinguished road

I know you want to stay factory but an aftermarket will do all the same things as factory and wont cost you nearly as much. I've always had great success with aftermarket alarm/keyless systems plus it will add additional features that factory doesn't offer like motion sensors and even glass break sensors if you want.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
Trim Level: Laramie Quad Cab
Color: Bright Silver - PS2
Rep:10
CBR Dude is on a distinguished road

Sales people will say anything to sell you something! They would lie to their own mother to get a sale. Never ever trust a car sales person ever!

As most of you know I dumped my Ram 3500 which I had truck tags on. I'm still beating that dead horse to death. Fairfax County is not truck friendly at all. Last weekend we bought a Honda Pilot. Although not a real mans SUV. I can't tell you the crap the sales guy handed us. I shut him up on minute one. Telling him I'd walk on any crap. Here the dip shit is selling a 40K vehicle and does not even know how to work the dam radio or get into the back seat via the second row seating. We left and told the sales manager that he needed to seriously look at his sales staff and re-train them. We ended up buying else where.

My point here is you the customer are the one that needs to be educated on what you're buying and don't count on the sales puke to tell you right or wrong.

To answer your question, yes you can had keyless entry. but I'd go for the remote start. You get two remotes and all the stuff to remotely start and open your truck. You should be able to install it yourself, it's pretty straight forward to do.