DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-18-2012, 01:36 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Well, I haven't heard back on anything as of yet.. Being told that it may not be a warranty issue??? How can that be..... My truck only has 2000 kms on it.. It's in the garage and is not abused...

So what is the point of a warranty....I am going to try and make it over to the dealer next week and see what happens... It appears that they think I have put something on my seats to go that way... I explained that nothing has ever been on the seats.... So I guess I will have to see where this goes.... I still love my truck though but dealing with people can be difficult....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 02-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram ST
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:15
redlightrico is on a distinguished road

Yep thats spew. Have had to treat a few saddles for my soon to be wife. It only occurs in soft leathers and usually one treatment takes care of it for good. Now this business of it "not" being a warranty issue is bull. Its a naturally occurring event of the leather, and since Dodge installed the leather, seems pretty cut and dried to me. Hopefully they keep up with the great customer service you say they've been giving.
Good luck
Old 02-20-2012, 11:17 PM
"Just living the dream"

Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Well, long story short.... Took my truck out of the garage and tried out some new wax that works great.... While my truck was outside I opened the doors and as it sat in the sunlight I started to watch the white film substance actually go away.... I noted the seat looked wet and it appeared that they were turning back to it's original colour...

I am heading to the dealer tomorrow to speak to the Service Manager... I have already been informed from some other members that this is in fact SPEW.... SO I am hoping that they will be ordering the treatment so that this can be fixed... It appears that I may have some trouble with regards to this being a warranty issue however I disagree, this should in fact be covered.... So I will hopefully have some answers tomorrow....

Has anyone else that reported this had any problems with their dealer???? Or having it classified as a warranty issue.....

Old 02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: QC
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:10
DRamrod is on a distinguished road

Chunkem-
What exactly did you mean by SPEW?

Good find, I was actually started to get bothered that this thread was going to page 6 and you didn't find a solution. I'm pretty glad you found a solution, post later what the dealership says. If they were anything like my dealer in Omaha, they would make you give up your first born for a warranty fix and a extra kidney for a "complimitary" car wash. Good luck!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 PM
"Just living the dream"

Well went to the dealer and they want to try some saddle soap.....So I am going to send the dealer the link to this thread and let him have a look for himself..... I was told that they can't seem to locate any of the SPEW Remover in Ontario???? So I guess I will try the saddle soap and see how that works..... I will let you know...

Sorry about this long thread......

Ed

Old 02-22-2012, 06:42 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, if the thread takes this long and you end up with a solution, then what's the problem?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
"Just living the dream"

Yeah no problem at all my friend, I think it actually is going to help me and others that are having the same problem... The dealer has no idea until I sent him this... I told him that everyone that buys from their lot should have a paid subscription to this forum....

I will see how this works and will update it... I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that gave me some advice.. It did not go un-noticed...

Thanks again....

Ed

Old 02-23-2012, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkem View Post
Well, long story short.... Took my truck out of the garage and tried out some new wax that works great.... While my truck was outside I opened the doors and as it sat in the sunlight I started to watch the white film substance actually go away.... I noted the seat looked wet and it appeared that they were turning back to it's original colour...

I am heading to the dealer tomorrow to speak to the Service Manager... I have already been informed from some other members that this is in fact SPEW.... SO I am hoping that they will be ordering the treatment so that this can be fixed... It appears that I may have some trouble with regards to this being a warranty issue however I disagree, this should in fact be covered.... So I will hopefully have some answers tomorrow....

Has anyone else that reported this had any problems with their dealer???? Or having it classified as a warranty issue.....
It appears to be a temperature controlled issue. I'd go back to the dealer on a cold day with a halogen work light in the truck. Let the truck get nice and cold sitting in the lot so the white film is good and evident and then hit (1) seat with the work light for a few minutes to simulate the sunlight warming the leather (as it did in your driveway). You should see the film dissipate. That still might not convince the dealer to do anything for you but it's another piece of evidence that points to the spue theory.

If this really is spue, there is a formula to get rid of it (in (1) treatment no less!) and the dealer is threatening to not cover it under your warranty, why don't you spend the $30 and treat the seats yourself? If it works then you're golden (and you can choose to fight the dealer over the $30 treatment cost). If it doesn't work, what have you really lost? He already thinks you've applied something to the seats anyway.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:02 AM
"Just living the dream"

Hey Barnyard...

Thanks for the input... I have been told that they will test the seat to see if anything was applied??? I just don't want to go ahead and do that against the advice I received from the dealer... I guess hind sight is 20 20... Trust me, I have been provided with the link to order the remover however I have been told that if I complete it myself then I run the chance of having no warranty coverage....

So to say the least the $30 treatment might cost me the replacement (if needed) of my interior.... I have been very patient and just want them to fix the issue at hand....

I really appreciate the advice but just don't want to go ahead and apply the treatment (which I know will work) and then not have it covered... That would cause a domestic in my house... LOL

Hopefully I will hear something soon... I have provided the link to the dealer and they are apparently going to order and apply... They want to try saddle soap first.... I will let you know how it goes...

Thanks,

Ed

Old 02-25-2012, 08:56 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i am for treating this yourself only as a back up plan. i still think they owe you anew leather seats.