DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:251
2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough
Default Im Back! Trip Pictures

Well I am sure quite a few of you know I was gone, how could you not? haha I went to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico (45 mins south of Cancun and directly across from Cozumel Island) for 10 days. My parents have a condo there so that is where my gf Amanda and I stayed. this is my 4th year in a row going to playa and 3rd to the condo and her 2nd year going, so nothing really new for me as I have seen and done most of the interesting stuff now. But a few things were new, we went Para Sailing which was unreal! Took the ferry to Cozumel (I hadnt been there before) for the closing of Carnaval which they say is the 3rd largest festival in the world behind Mardi Gras and caranval in Buenos Aires. My parents spend the winters at their condo so they find all the good spots to eat for not a large amount of money, so we ate a bunch of new spots. heres some pics!

Condo entrance from the street. OXXO is one of the main variety stores in the area.

Parking lot looking back at the street

my parents lounging on the patio

condo on the bottom floor

semi outdoor mall in Cancun

one of the nicer beaches around, about 15 min drive south of Playa, you have to pay 40 pesos (about 3 bucks) to get in, so alot less people here!

another view

iguana around the former governers house, notice the electric wire around his yard and then the broken glass implanted in the concrete around the rest of his property, he also has 24 hour securitythat sit around the block (where ever the shade is) and when he is there they hold ak47's...

another view of the pool and court yard area at the condo

Cozumel

5th Ave. 1 block up from the beach, this street of shopping is a few miles long (maybe 3ish) and is closed off to traffic, many restuarants (more expensive ones) t shirts shops, a billion jewelry places and vendors, rolex stores, all kinds of different mexican crafts etc.

couldnt forget a ram while on vacation! in mexico the half tons say 2500 on them...

Carnaval parade on Cozumel, this picture doesnt do it justice for the atmosphere or the amount of people here... I have some videos I will try and upload later

Para Sailing! i figure we were probably around 400 feet or higher up at the highest point!

Good view of Part of Playa Del Carmen

I told another member (cant remember who now) that I would get a picture of a Ram police truck, but I never saw any this year, just ferds and chitty chevs running around everwhere with armed cops in the box...
Damn does it suck being back here, gas was 70 cents a litre down there (2.66 US galons, 3.15 IMP galons, get back home its 1.30 a litre) the Mexican gov't owns the gas stations so there is only 1 company to go to, Pemex, they produce their own oil, send it to the U.S to be refined and ship it back to Mexico, Mexico gives its own people their own prodcust before selling them to other countries.

Last edited by 2011 ASSAULT 800; 02-25-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pics, enjoyed your trip! The para sailing ones were awesome, looked so peaceful and beautiful up there!! Was the water warm??

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:04 PM

2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
Thanks for the pics, enjoyed your trip! The para sailing ones were awesome, looked so peaceful and beautiful up there!! Was the water warm??
It is quite peaceful and a pretty safe tourist type town, there is about 130,000 people that live there, lots of american and canadian home owners as well. The water was perfect, takes like 10 seconds to get use to but once your in you dont want to come out! I also forget to mention I went zip lining at an adventure type park, I did it last year as well, but you get wet so we bought a water proof disposible, so when Amanda gets those developed I will scan them and add them. At first i thought the para sailing seemed like it would be scary, the scariest part was trying to take the didgital camera out of the case without dropping it down into the ocean! It is so calm and peaceful when you are up in the air, i think it was 65 bucks, 1400 pesos for 15 mins.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

I have never done it but it looks amazing! Having grown up next to Mexico us border natives learn to stay away. I am sure the tourist places are pretty safe but I just won't go.

Glad you had such a great time, sucks to get back to reality doesn't it??

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
I have never done it but it looks amazing! Having grown up next to Mexico us border natives learn to stay away. I am sure the tourist places are pretty safe but I just won't go.

Glad you had such a great time, sucks to get back to reality doesn't it??
I dont blame you for not wanting to go, the north is super bad as everyone knows, saw alot of american plates( lots of the upper states) some ontario and alberta plates as well... long as drive from ontario, I have been told from the U.S/Mexico border when you leave texas, you register your vehicle in mexico and drive as far as you can south in the daylight before you stop for anything, and dont drive at night... scary stuff but lots of scary shit happens in downtown toronto and vancouver too... I felt very safe where I was...

Deffinetly sucks to be home, but lots to do, and I finally got my broken sled shock back and it works so I can enjoy the last little bit
Old 02-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1761
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 ASSAULT 800 View Post
I dont blame you for not wanting to go, the north is super bad as everyone knows, saw alot of american plates( lots of the upper states) some ontario and alberta plates as well... long as drive from ontario, I have been told from the U.S/Mexico border when you leave texas, you register your vehicle in mexico and drive as far as you can south in the daylight before you stop for anything, and dont drive at night... scary stuff but lots of scary shit happens in downtown toronto and vancouver too... I felt very safe where I was...

Deffinetly sucks to be home, but lots to do, and I finally got my broken sled shock back and it works so I can enjoy the last little bit
I can see what you mean by dangerous! Are those really Zombies in the first two pictures?

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Old 02-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pics! I enjoyed the virtual holiday I just took with them

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 02-26-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
I can see what you mean by dangerous! Are those really Zombies in the first two pictures?
hahaha I knew someone would say something, the first one is an awkward picture of my gf I somehow got, not sure what was going on, she didnt wipe out or anything, the 2nd is the security quard at the condo..
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Thanks for the pics! I enjoyed the virtual holiday I just took with them
no problem brand, glad you liked them! I enjoy seeing others pictures of different places arounmd north america and the world so I figured maybe someone would like to see where I went..... I might be posting more pictures of Beautiful Thompson, Manitoba this summer as it looks like I am headed back to that shit hole
Old 02-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 ASSAULT 800 View Post
......no problem brad, glad you liked them! I enjoy seeing others pictures of different places arounmd north america and the world so I figured maybe someone would like to see where I went..... I might be posting more pictures of Beautiful Thompson, Manitoba this summer as it looks like I am headed back to that shit hole
OH NO....What did you do wrong??? That's like a prison sentence! Unless you really like black flies. LOL

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 02-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

Thanks for the pics, i'm jealous!

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance