DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENCREWSPORT11 View Post
Thanks for the complements, glad you like the pics. i will post better ones to show the graphics better ( poor lighting on phone camera.) When I had decided on a new truck, I was thinking white or gray until this green truck started calling my name. It is often mistaken for black.
Now to the hijack part of the thread-- I believe the "Ram" shifter I have is from an 1986 Bighorn. After removing the factory attachment on the bottom of the ' shifter', I filled the body of the 'shifter' with a concrete patch material that could be drilled out later (the 'shifter' has hollow areas in it.) The factory shift knob was simple to remove once I stopped twisting on it assuming it was threaded. The chrome trim on the bottom of it slides/pops straight down and then the whole knob lifts off the shaft. Then it was a matter of lining up/marking the angle i wanted the new 'shifter' to sit at. It was drilled out ( being careful not to drill thru the top of the head.) The new 'shifter knob' then slides down on the existing shaft. The bottom of the shifter looked like crap ( not designed to be exposed) i found a small piece of black leather and stitched up a boot for it. Sorry I didn't think to take pics while I was doing it. It is only friction fit on the shaft and I have the option to face it forward or back (as in the pic) It was kind of nice to hear I may have been the first to do this mod.
Thanks for the additional info. I bought the Ram head right after I got my truck in April 2011. It was going to be one of my first mods. Then I got busy and put it on the garage bench (where it still sits today). One of the delays I had was finding something to make the bottom part look better since the Ram head does not fit perfectly on the current chrome piece. Never thought about making a leather for it. I also do not have a bench press and was too nervous to drill the Ram head with hand drill. Only get one chance so I am being cautious. Thanks again for sharing and sorry about the thread jack.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
sonic4x4 is on a distinguished road

Sweet looking RAM.
The MODS LIST: Magnaflow Y-Pipe/Muffler, AMP Power Boards & Bed X-Tender, Spyder CCFL/LED Black Projector Headlights, Recon WhiteLightening LED Tailgate Bar, WeatherTech mats, Pro Comp K2075B 6" Lift, Moto Metal MO961 Matte Black 20" Rims w/ProComp Xtreme A/T 35" Tires, BakFlip F1, Aries Bull Bar w/KC Lights, LED Bulbs, Mopar Chrome Bug Deflector, BilletTech Catch Can, 180 T-Stat, Vararam 4G
Old 01-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:72
Rambunkshuss will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENCREWSPORT11 View Post
Hello all. I went to my dealer today to show them the blistering chrome on my step bars. Before he even saw them he told me I wouldn't like his answer !! He mentioned Chrysler told him to stop sending them pictures of the problem. They do not warranty the chrome on the step bar, the damage is from road debris. Even though mine are blistered where they could not be hit by "road debris". OK I then asked about the two broken latches on my floor storage and under seat storage bins. Those parts are on order and will be replaced because the truck is under 60000 kms. Cool...making progress ! Finally I asked about the famous under hood light but because I'm over 20000 kms I'm sorry can"t help you. Anyway .... enjoy the pics..
Like you, i have an old (brand new in pkg) rams head i bought for one of my old dodges to replace it with, but never did. It just sat on the shelf for many years. I always wanted to make a shift knob out of it just like you did, BUT, in the world of these snottyass punk kids that we have in the world today, i decided not to install mine. I was in fear that if some punk broke a window in my truck just to steal the dam thing, i would then be sent to jail for putting a bullet in the punk bazdurds head for trying to steal it an getting away with it. Nice mod, hope nobody steals it out of your truck. Also, i would find another dealer and see if they will replace your steptubes. Most the dealers around here have no problem replaceing them under warranty.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
Dave W. is on a distinguished road

Plating failures are a mostly a result of bad surface prep prior to plating.

There are a ton of engineering labs that could analyse the failure.

If you post a few good pics I can tell you with a high degree of certainty if it appears to be a plating failure due to insufficient or improper prep prior to plating.

Maybe firmly telling the dealer you are willing to have a metallurgist professionally anaylze the material and SUE them based upon those findings will help your case.

Nice truck by the way.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Sport Crew
Color: Hunter Green Pearl Coat
Rep:10
GREENCREWSPORT11 is on a distinguished road
Default Update

While working out of town, I stopped at a Chrysler Dealer to ask about the corrosion on the step bars. ' Did you buy the truck here?' the autobody manager asked as we were on our way outside to look at my truck. 'no I didn't ' I replied. I pointed to the spot that my original dealer said was road debris and said nothing. He looked at it without even bending to get a better look. He told me Chrysler has 12 month warranty on accessories and asked when I got it. At that time it was about 11 months old and I told him that. Ok he says let's go back in and get the parts ordered. ' Really ' I said almost astonished. The parts were ordered ... expect 7-10 days delivery. Excellent
A few days later I'm at my dealer to have the latches fixed. That went relatively smooth ( under two hours to install the two latches ). Two days later I got a customer satisfaction survey emailed from Chrysler regarding the service visit. I told them the whole story about the two hours for four screws to install the latches and a different dealer ordering the step bars for me. To date I have had no response from anyone regarding the scathing comments.
Three days ago I had my new step bars installed. All shiny and new and perfect. I can't wait to paint them !!!
BTW does anyone know how to remove the step pads without destroying them . Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:28 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Hey your RAM looks great... Very nice colour...

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"