DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 2500
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:26
Moose612 is on a distinguished road

I'll let you know I just picked up a vararam will install this weekend. Honestly don't see it being any worse in the rain/snow/sleet than a traditional ramair same concept different location. plus I've seen the pics from the 4th Gen which brings its air from behind the grill and water doesn't make it over the lip. Plus oiled filters are supposed to stop water from entering the the TB so it should be ok. If it turns out to be shit I'll send it back no harm no foul. I doubt that'll be the case though I've heard about 98/2 good/bad ratio on these things
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
hemitrx4 is on a distinguished road

I`ve had a Vararam on my 08 Ram for about a year now and the install is different than on a 4th gen ram. You have to remove the front bumper and remove the tow hooks and their mount since it uses that hole for the intake. Rain and snow are no problem since it would have to travel atraight up for about 2 feet. I put window screen in front of the intake scoop to keep bigger stuff from getting in. The only problem I`ve had is the screen plugging up if I`m driving in wet snow, only has to have about 25% of it blocked for the engine light to come on. There is a noticeable increase in low end torque which isn`t a shock when you consider the difference in size of the intake tubes.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

tks moose and hemitrx, must be getting old, not interested in getting out and cleaning screen on long trips in the snow. we used to turn our air breathers over and expose the air filter over for some good sound and seat of the pants gains. now you have to spend all kinds of money for this. lol