DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500
Rep:10
snuffynra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbowyer View Post
Sounds like you got a lemon or the dealer doesn't know what they are doing. Have them buy it back under the lemon law. This happens every once in a while and that is why the lemon law exists. Last I checked Ford has had more truck recalls than the other two manufacturers combined when it comes to their motors. And that is within the past 15 years, so not because they have been "building trucks longer".
Why did ford not have to be bailed out? Because they HAD more municiple contracts than the other two companies. Which vehicles were the most common? Crown Vic, Taurus, and Super Duty...very few F-150's. In recent years highway patrols have bought chargers for the HEMI because they outperform the other full size vehicles by leaps and bounds, the same applies to the Ram. Look around and see how many new government vehicles there are with the blue oval on them and you'll see where I'm going with this...

Which vehicles has the military relied on?
Jeep, Ram PowerWagon, and Hummer.

I think I'll stick with the RAM. End of rant.
not sure if i would let what the government buys influence what i buy, you do remember that the government bailed out dodge? but if we were to use facts like that, then i would ask why the f 150 has been the best selling pick up for 30 years straight, and its not the cheapest like the ram? also i might be confused but dont think the hummer is a dodge product? im all for the dodge being the best, i have a new one sitting in my driveway, but as of right now (first 2 months) im not very happy with it...just being honest.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^I wouldn't follow in the government's footsteps either. Come to think of it, the way things have been and where they're going, I'd RUN in the opposite direction...LOL

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:46 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
954rrmike is on a distinguished road

Mine only ticks when it's warm at idle.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 ram cc slt
Trim Level: Slt
Color: Hunter green
Rep:12
Bistre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I'll agree that new things usually have some kinks. I wouldn't say the eco boost has major issues. There are issues with every engine out there, even the hemi. You can also google HEMI shudder and find all kinds of problems with hemi and mds. The fact is, the ecoboost so far has not had major issues (no more than any other "good" engine).

And there's certainly nothing wrong with a v6 turbo in a light duty pickup truck. If there is, then someone better make a call to RAM engineering and let them know the 6 cylinder turbo cummings engines need to be halted IMMEDIATELY!!!

That v6 turbo ford engine produces more torque than the hemi at every rpm (IIRC....going from memory).

I would still buy the dodge, it's a better truck, but you shouldn't just say something sucks just because you don't like a brand. If you just don't like it then fine, but there are not "major" issues with that engine, and a v6 turbo in a truck is proving to be suitable.
Ok man i seriously have to call you out on this.... The cummins is an inline 6 cylinder diesel engine.... Inline engines produce more low end torque regardless and to compare that engine to the ecoboost is like comparing king kong to a marmoset... The cummins is a far better engine than ford has in their hd trucks. Why else would they put it in their commercial duty vehicles
Old 03-09-2012, 12:27 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^I understand the cummins is a diesel and I understand it's an inline. I know the differences, my point was that just saying it sucks because it's a v6 in a truck doesn't have any merit.

30 years ago people thought 4 cylinder cars were ridiculous, and now that's probably more than 75% of what's out there, and most of them do great, some are very powerful and fast too.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:71
wbowyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffynra View Post
not sure if i would let what the government buys influence what i buy, you do remember that the government bailed out dodge? but if we were to use facts like that, then i would ask why the f 150 has been the best selling pick up for 30 years straight, and its not the cheapest like the ram? also i might be confused but dont think the hummer is a dodge product? im all for the dodge being the best, i have a new one sitting in my driveway, but as of right now (first 2 months) im not very happy with it...just being honest.
I was stating that Ford does not have a vehicle that has been deployed in large numbers with great success by our military, unlike the other two of the big 3 domestic manufacturers.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:57 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:71
wbowyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
^I understand the cummins is a diesel and I understand it's an inline. I know the differences, my point was that just saying it sucks because it's a v6 in a truck doesn't have any merit.

30 years ago people thought 4 cylinder cars were ridiculous, and now that's probably more than 75% of what's out there, and most of them do great, some are very powerful and fast too.
Sad to say the fastest single turbo time on the drag strip belongs to 4cylinder Chevy Cobalt funny car (or did). Over 600hp through the rear wheels on a 4 cylinder with a single turbo...who would have thought that was possible? Saw that on Top Gear a while back and couldn't believe it!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:59 PM

Many older guys have the saying "there is no replacement for displacement". That's not true though, there are actually three main replacements; turbocharger, supercharger, and nitrous.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big horn SLT
Color: Red
ramv1002 is on a distinguished road

We will have to see how the eco boost works out over the long haul, after all the big three are still building some good trucks, and I do love my Dodge!! lol
Old 03-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram SLT
Color: Rugged Brown
roadrnnr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954rrmike View Post
I wonder if it ticks at idle like
my new hemi? I wish I went with the ford.
See Ya