DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram qc express 2wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
redrum is on a distinguished road

I will post pics when i get to desktop. Im going to start a thread and Everybody needs to call corporate about this to get a recall going. Im going to my local dodge lot right now to see if the 4wds are the same, if so these guys need to call as well!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
rscwboy is on a distinguished road

i receieved a reply from jegs, they contacted beltech and beltech is shipping me the rest of the kit. im hoping everyone responds or hears from dodge and can confirm whether or not these extra parts are needed or if its supposed to be off center.

as far as the lowering kit itself, i love the way it looks as far as stock tire clearence goes and the wife loves being able to get in the truck without having to climb in. feedback is still a thumbs up from me if it helps the origional questions and posts
Old 03-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscwboy View Post
i receieved a reply from jegs, they contacted beltech and beltech is shipping me the rest of the kit. im hoping everyone responds or hears from dodge and can confirm whether or not these extra parts are needed or if its supposed to be off center.

as far as the lowering kit itself, i love the way it looks as far as stock tire clearence goes and the wife loves being able to get in the truck without having to climb in. feedback is still a thumbs up from me if it helps the origional questions and posts
Likewise. I love the look of the truck and even though there are a couple of pages worth of issues with everyone trying to figure it out, everything was resolved through Belltech or the vendors like Summit and Jeg's.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram qc express 2wd
Trim Level: Express
redrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Likewise. I love the look of the truck and even though there are a couple of pages worth of issues with everyone trying to figure it out, everything was resolved through Belltech or the vendors like Summit and Jeg's.

I started a thread about this axle issue. Here it is with pics.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108669
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 AM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

I have a single pic i took before the kit just need to get a pic of the truck the way it sits now, BUt i know for a fact the axle shifted after the kit was installed. I did not recieve the end links either. cant believe that sooo many people did not get all the parts needed. I wonder of they figured this out later and are trying to cover as if they knew all the time and its just a packageing error.......
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20
Old 07-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram RT
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
Finster5292 is on a distinguished road
Default I want one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC DuDe View Post
Ok guys I just got back from spending half the day at the shop. I had the panhard rod relocated to correct the geometry issues and the sway bar links shortened. The truck rides great now. No more side to side wobbles when hitting or going over bumps. It tracks straight now. It even rides smoother.

To answer the question about measuring ride height with or without the driver (me) in it is yes we measured it both ways even different times with less than 1/4 tank of gas and with a full tank of gas in it. What I found was anything less than a full tank of gas in it would make it approximately 7/16'' higher on the drivers side than the passenger side. Still not acceptable in my opinion. Next I will be pulling out my rear springs to see if one settled more than the other and swap sides to see if that makes a difference.

My truck is a 2wd CC.

I have the same problem with mine, on the freeway it's almost scary you feel like the truck is out of control. What angle do you have it at now? I need some serious help it's driving me nuts. Can I buy one off you or can you tell me what I need to do to make one, I'm a pretty crafty welder. Where did you get yours made? Will it bring the axle back inline? Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated? I hate my truck right now argh haha
Old 07-08-2012, 02:26 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: 2WD SLT Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
RC DuDe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster5292 View Post
I have the same problem with mine, on the freeway it's almost scary you feel like the truck is out of control. What angle do you have it at now? I need some serious help it's driving me nuts. Can I buy one off you or can you tell me what I need to do to make one, I'm a pretty crafty welder. Where did you get yours made? Will it bring the axle back inline? Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated? I hate my truck right now argh haha
This is a really scary thing when not corrected. I posted the pictures somewhere here and in the gallery. As far as bar position make it parallel to the ground. This will give it the most neutral arc. Never position it at more than 10% of the overall length difference on either end from parallel. Center the axle when you fab the bracket adjusting it prior to tacking it. We got mine really close...nearly perfect but not perfect for me so I also went with an adjustable panhard rod from Spohn.

Good luck.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 1500 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Steel don is on a distinguished road

Rc dude
What's the correct length for sway bar links?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Center the axle when you fab the bracket adjusting it prior to tacking it?
Can you explain what you mean by this.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I recently put Belltech 2-4 drop with 24" wheels on my 2010 Lamanie.
The freaky thing wobbles and bottoms out like crazy.I took it to the custom truck shop here in Houston and they said its a bad design with the traction bar.It needs to be straighten out or more level to get some but not all the wobble out.
Rc dude thanks for the pics. I can make that bracket. Do you have dimensions?
Bottoming out issue
Any thoughts on air assit lift bags?
Next issue
Since I drop truck after two alignments the truck still pulls to the right.
Can ya'll tell I'm not too freaky happy with the upgrades?
So I'm here asking the PRO'S for HELP!!!: