DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-08-2012, 09:51 AM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

All I can tell you is that seatbelts save lives.....I have been to numerous accidents where people have been killed and if they had worn there seatbelts they would still be alive.....With that being said, we are all adults and we choose to make decisions everyday......

However when you start getting tickets and your insurance goes up, you have no one to blame but yourself.....It isn't that stupid COPS problem when he or she hands you a coupon and tells you to drive safely......

Take care and be safe out there folks......

PS. Sorry for the strong opinion however once you have been standing where I have stood, and have seen the carnage, you too may feel the same......

Ed

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 04-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:86
SnoopyIsMyHero will become famous soon enough

The OP clarified that he wanted to turn it off while tooling around property\park\midway. Dunno about you, but I don't wear my seatbelt moving my truck from one side of the yard to the other...just sayin'

I'm a big fan of seat belts, airbags and helmets (have ridden since I was 8). Hit a Tundra a few years back broadside at 65mph - Neon vs 1/2 ton truck. Not pretty. Split the Tundra in half behind the bed, one rear wheel ended up the back seat with the kids. Actually, the Neon fared better than the truck, it only (!) had $9500 in damage and I was able to drive it out of the middle of the road. The back half of the Tundra ended up in a dumpster - literally - on the property he was trying to pull into when he crossed the yellow line while texting. The family was all belted in, both airbags deployed. I bruised my knee and had mild burns on my forearms and nose from the airbag. My wife broke her foot from bracing against the floor. My son had some nasty raspberries from the belt on his shoulder and hits. My daughter didn't have a scratch. The other driver wasn't belted in and was ejected from the truck. He died at the scene. Just food for thought...
Old 04-08-2012, 10:35 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyIsMyHero View Post
The OP clarified that he wanted to turn it off while tooling around property\park\midway. Dunno about you, but I don't wear my seatbelt moving my truck from one side of the yard to the other...just sayin'

I'm a big fan of seat belts, airbags and helmets (have ridden since I was 8). Hit a Tundra a few years back broadside at 65mph - Neon vs 1/2 ton truck. Not pretty. Split the Tundra in half behind the bed, one rear wheel ended up the back seat with the kids. Actually, the Neon fared better than the truck, it only (!) had $9500 in damage and I was able to drive it out of the middle of the road. The back half of the Tundra ended up in a dumpster - literally - on the property he was trying to pull into when he crossed the yellow line while texting. The family was all belted in, both airbags deployed. I bruised my knee and had mild burns on my forearms and nose from the airbag. My wife broke her foot from bracing against the floor. My son had some nasty raspberries from the belt on his shoulder and hits. My daughter didn't have a scratch. The other driver wasn't belted in and was ejected from the truck. He died at the scene. Just food for thought...
I totally agree with you... I don't wear it either if I am moving it from one place on my property to the other.....As far as your story goes I am really happy that you guys made out in a good way......Vehicles can be replaced........

By the way thanks for clarifying that for me....I didn't want to come across with a negative attitude or sound like I was preaching......It is all positive brother........

Take care and be safe.....

Ed

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"

Last edited by Chunkem; 04-08-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Airbags are a bitch. By their name they sound like they'd be soft and fluffy, but they feel more like ancient chain armor infused with flea killing powder.

I'd agree it may be nice to have the seat belt chime disabled, but I'd hope you'd all still wear the belt...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:02 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:23
BradZ is on a distinguished road

I turned mine off, I just googled how to do it and while I can't remember the instructions posted on the first page look about right
Old 04-09-2012, 06:32 AM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

I turned mine off for the same reason the OP did. I wear mine on the street, but when we go finishin at the local lakes the 5mph cruise down and around to the shore is just a PITA when the seatbelt thing is going off cuz you got out to buy your license and didnt wanna strap back in to drive a couple hundred yards. IF I crash hard enough to set off the airbags, or crash at all really when its just me and a 2 lane dirt road i deserved what was coming to me anyway

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Gray
Rep:10
mustang8918 is on a distinguished road

Doesn't seem to bother me much but I'm probably just used to doing it all the time and I mean all the time.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Hemi Crew
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat
Rep:10
MoparDude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
.......Really?

Seat belts and airbags have saved my life, my brothers life, my father's life, and a longer list than I'll type. I can't believe people drive without them. That's like riding a motorcycle without a helmet...just stupid(then again maybe that's a good thing...).
X10... Ya gotta question your willingness to want to survive a crash... all the safety systems in your truck depend on the seatbelt to do its job. We have been through a couple crashes and escaped unscathed due to the seatbelts and restraint systems doing their job.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman - Rambox
Color: Black Crystal - Gray
Rep:83
wvcoolvinilla will become famous soon enough

uHHHH .... OK some of this may sound reasonable but those of us with old timers you know what ..thank god for the chime.. After having raced drag cars.. drag bikes.. so on and so forth.. homie don't go nowhere without his belt on.. 10 years ago we were on the hunting lease trying to get out in a snow storm.. friend of mine tried to billy badaas it up the hill spun the truck put it over the hill ( talking WV here folks) flipped it over.. not a seatbelt one on for him or his buddy.. you ever tried to keep someone calm while we are waiting for EMS to get down into the lease to take two Dum Sh#ts to the hospital ??
Old 04-14-2012, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: PX8- Black Clear Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:31
11HEM1 is on a distinguished road

Those steps worked for me thanks guys