DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
Miami Son is on a distinguished road
Default Need info on 430N/RHB

Does anyone know what the native resolution (pixel dimensions) of this radio's screen is? I can't get a straight answer from the dealer or anyone at Chrysler.
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

You must really be a Visual nerd to need to know that

I believe that 430N RHB is made by Mitsubishi Electronics of America, someone will correct me if i am wrong

There are only a few places to find that & other information out about that radio
The manufacturer
A place that pulls these radios out for vehicles being shipped overseas, they will need radios that receive transmissions on a different frequency, but it is the same radio, with a different sales code http://www.oemautopartsco.com/

another place is this RamforumZ, one of the members may be able to help you
Their sign in name is something like XSDBS , or something like that, i should write it down, i am likely slaughtering his nickname

By the way, i believe a new UPDATE is available for your radio
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Banned

Well, the main reason I want to know is because I want to convert some movies for storage and viewing in the truck. Knowing the actual pixel dimensions of the screen means I can conserve some hard drive space by converting my videos to that same size instead of leaving them as is. Same concept as converting a movie to fit a handheld screen. There's no benefit in picture quality watching a 1080p movie on a screen that is only 800x480 pixels, but there is quite a difference in processing power and storage space needed for that 1080p movie.

As I said, neither the dealer or anyone at Chrysler could answer my question. I e-mailed someone at the website you linked and got no answer.

As for a radio update, the dealer checked it on Monday and said it was up to date. Why would you think otherwise?
Old 04-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the last update was done a year ago, so you are good there
I tried to find the specs & couldn't

There are loads of posts about the Media Center Radios & some of the members are quite knowledgeable
http://www.ramforumz.com/search.php?searchid=1947641

You have enough posts to private message XSDBS & they may be able to find your answer
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 04-08-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Banned

Thanks for the input. FYI, you can't post links to search results as they are only good for the original searcher.