DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Heraclid is on a distinguished road
Default Front Passenger Seat Won't Slide

Had not tried to adjust it until yesterday, but the front passenger seat will not slide backward or forward when you pull up on the bar and try to do it. It looks to be in the full rearward position right now, which has so far worked fine for us, but still, it should work. This is the first time I've tried to do it since buying the truck in November, so it came off the dealer lot like this, never caught it until now.

There is also a wire harness that runs to the seat underneath there, and some kind of housing for something (both located under the seat toward the front). What are these for? My truck does not have heated/cooled seats or a power-adjustable passenger front seat (only the driver's side is powered).

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Last edited by Heraclid; 04-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

At the front of the passenger seat, just under the seat cushion, is the 12 VDC to 120 VAC inverter or converter that powers the dash outlet

any other wires & connectors that you find under that seat, would be used if you had the 6 way power seat on that side

I also have trouble moving that seat, i believe it is just jammed to the rear, it worked well until i put the seat all the way back last July, to get a trucker & his gear onto that seat & floor area. The rear seat area already was full of my travel gear & work equipment
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Black Crystal Pearl
Rep:10
Heraclid is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply GTyankee...

I have tried pulling about as hard as I dare, can't get it to move forward. Looking under there as I operate the lever, I can't see any reason it wouldn't (?). I wonder if the tracks are not uniform/too tight in the back?

Yeah, about that outlet... I got a nifty little car vacuum that fits perfectly in one of the storage bins under the rear seat. Smaller than a shop vac of course, but better than a dust buster. Wanted to try it out, activated the dash outlet and tried to plug it into that, and as soon as I turned on the the vac, the outlet shut down. Must be too much for it I guess.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:178
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about

You should still be under warranty, take it in and let the dealer figure it out.