DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.9L V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram SLT
Trim Level: SLT Laramie off road
Color: Pearl garnet
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
hunter.shawn is on a distinguished road

Nooo, you can't be serious haha!^... Who in the hell did you buy this thing from? I cant even imagine what they hit to bend that control arm like that and trying to figure it out is just depressing.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:86
SnoopyIsMyHero will become famous soon enough

Some kid a few towns over, when I got it you could barely tell the color from all the mud caked on it. Was asking $1500 for it on CL for about 6 weeks, the pics in the ad were good ones from when HE bought, not current. Anyway, I shot an email to him asking if he still had it and he did, needed it gone by the next day or he was getting evicted. Offered him $600 sight unseen if he would also deliver. He did. I figured even at $600, I could part it out and make my $$ back if it ended up being completely junk. The motor is strong, the body thrashed but the frame is solid (very important here in the rust belt) so I figured even if I toss a grand or so into it, if I ended up hating it I could sell it for $2500+ as a plow truck come November. The damn thing has gotten under my skin so I'll probably keep it.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1761
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Mine's gotten under my skin a few times...I just fold it back and put on a band-aid

I got mine from a guy that used to salt-water fish. He'd launch his boat every time he went. I had to separate the back half of the frame from behind the front spring mounts and change everything from there back. Both rear spring mounts were broken and the bed was so rotted that it folded the back half up and I wiggled it a few times and flipped the entire bed off behind it. Fuel spout and all.

The rockers had holes so big you could stick your head in there and look around.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name

Last edited by Warlock III; 04-19-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 5.9v8
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Red
Rep:10
Imedicx90 is on a distinguished road

you know... im new to this whole fix it yourself thing but damn does it feel good to know im not the only person going... WTF was this guy thinking when he did the repairs?! i have ratchet straps everywhere! like the gas tank, windshield washer fluid reservoir, power steering pump had one before i replaced it and the housing.. and snoopy if you haven't returned or sold that passanger side axle I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:86
SnoopyIsMyHero will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
I got mine from a guy that used to salt-water fish. He'd launch his boat every time he went. I had to separate the back half of the frame from behind the front spring mounts and change everything from there back. Both rear spring mounts were broken and the bed was so rotted that it folded the back half up and I wiggled it a few times and flipped the entire bed off behind it. Fuel spout and all.

Ugh. Salt-water trucks have it the worst! I knew a guy who used to do fish guides on Cape Cod, trucks would last 3 years tops before they would completely rust out.

You've done good bring that one back from the grave. I'm not sure I'll be going as far as you have but at least it will be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imedicx90 View Post
you know... im new to this whole fix it yourself thing but damn does it feel good to know im not the only person going... WTF was this guy thinking when he did the repairs?! i have ratchet straps everywhere! like the gas tank, windshield washer fluid reservoir, power steering pump had one before i replaced it and the housing.. and snoopy if you haven't returned or sold that passanger side axle I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands!
I call them Walmart repairs. 'Something broke, what's in Walmart cheap that can fix it???' I'm kinda surprised at points I'm not finding things held together with tampon strings...

I only have a spare driver's axle left