DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrt1993 View Post
^ Fantastic idea, I'm very interested in this as well. My aFe intake has given my great gains over stock, but I think its sucking in lots of hot air, so I'd like to do this mod. In fact, of all my mods (listed in my signature), I really believe my aFe intake has given me the biggest gain, even more so than my $1,600 longtubes
I am glad to hear that the AFE worked out well for you. That is the one I am def. going to get. I also have plans for the diablosport predator but that may be a while. I think I read on another thread that one of the guys noted a good 10 degree drop in temP jus by having the intake tube dropped down behind the bumper. I can imagine mine would be at least that good if not better.
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20
Old 04-25-2012, 01:01 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:69
ramrt1993 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTex View Post
Ouch man you got burnt on those i paid 1395 for my 1 3/4 no cats... No tax, free shipping... And that was like the week they first came out with them. Me and speedfreak were some of the first to install them i was one of the first if not the first to install them on my own...

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54302
I spoke with a couple guys from American Racing Headers and they were morons..best offer they gave me was $1,585 shipped..that's with cats, so it's like I paid $190 more to get cats on mine. I think we both got burnt. For the gains we get, they should be no more than $700-$800 tops.
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune
Old 04-25-2012, 01:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:69
ramrt1993 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramfd View Post
I am glad to hear that the AFE worked out well for you. That is the one I am def. going to get. I also have plans for the diablosport predator but that may be a while. I think I read on another thread that one of the guys noted a good 10 degree drop in temP jus by having the intake tube dropped down behind the bumper. I can imagine mine would be at least that good if not better.
Sometimes I regret getting the aFe cause most people seem to agree that the design sucks..but the dyno numbers on the aFe were higher than any other CAI, and the real world results that I have seen on my truck were fantastic. I read on a different forum that a guy replaced his aFe with a Vararam and he noticed a decrease in power and he ended up going back to aFe.
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune

Last edited by ramrt1993; 04-25-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 5.7 SPORT
Rep:27
Ram Dude is on a distinguished road

Awesome idea man..............
Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:23
bigreid is on a distinguished road

Great way to add something that will add performance! I was thinking of doing something with that thing, probably just a light bar, but better than nothing right?