DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > HI-TECH Discussion

Notices

HI-TECH Discussion Web, computers, software, GPS, satellite TV, home stereos and other non-vehicle hi tech electronics.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F-150
Trim Level: XLT
Color: Metallic Blue
Rep:91
bigdaddyII will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
I did see the earlier post, but didn't go back and reread everything again. I'm lazy that way.

could it be early onset oldtimers?

All kidding aside, I did do some research on the iPhone 4 and the 4S. I'm not real sure what the difference between the two is, except the S appears to have some chick that you can talk to, that will also talk to you. I guess this is a good thing if you've got no friends and needs someone to talk to, but I can't see paying an extra hundred bucks or so for this option. I was also very surprised to discover that the iPhone is a 3G phone, and not 4G... I guess that is why the i5 is coming out this summer.

Exco
I certainly hope its not early onset oldtimers lol, I think the fifth of Forty Creek had more to do with it.

When I bought my iphone 4, the chick at the store told me the difference between that and the 4s is an 8MP camera and Siri (the voice app), the regular 4 has a 5MP. These are the only differences, well that and $100. Talking to my phone is not worth $100 to me and if I need a grade A quality picture I would be taking it with a camera and not a phone.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:37 PM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
Have you gone into stores and played with these phones? I was so in love with my iPhone after I got it but as time wore on I grew to hate it.
No, not yet. I plan on doing that this weekend. It would not surprise me if I came home with a new phone. I figure it's always a good thing to play with something before you actually buy it. I just wish you could take it for a true test drive, without the hassles. I'd love to be able to go into the store and tell 'em that I want to try the iPhone for a week, then after the week is up trade it for the Droid, then after an additional week call 'em up and tell them which phone I want.

But then that would be too damn much like right.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Luck View Post
MY droid bricked itself with an OTA updated today... traded it for an iPhone 4s... ugh i hate smart phones
I'm convinced that there is some sort of bug written into the software of the so-called smart phones that causes them to get some sort of problem/ bug that makes you want a new phone, even if it's just so that you can have one that works the way it should. I've had 3 separate "smart" phones over the years, and every last one of them started developing some sort of issue about the time I was due for an upgrade...

I've been told by multiple sources that this is merely a coincidence, but is it really? I'm more inclined to believe it's a conspiracy! LOL

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 03-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I can't bear to spend a lot of money on my phone so I bought a virgin mobile samsung phone (intercept I think?) about a year and a half ago. It is nearly identical to my brother's droid, has the android market, has slide out QWERTY keyboard, touch screen, and was like $180 at best buy. No contract, I pay $25/month get unlimited everything except talk time, I think I get like 300 minutes (have a work phone with unlimited minutes). Got the wife the same exact thing except pay like $45/month (still no contract) for 1200 minutes. They also have an unlimited minutes plan for like $60/month.

Best part is the only taxes on top of the price is sales tax so no BS of like $20 or $30 in taxes each month.

We've had no issues with reception or dropped calls or anything like that. They use the sprint network I think.

I just can't believe people pay more for phones and phone contracts than you can buy a kia or honda for...blows my mind...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.

Last edited by snrusnak; 03-09-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:02 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
I'm convinced that there is some sort of bug written into the software of the so-called smart phones that causes them to get some sort of problem/ bug that makes you want a new phone, even if it's just so that you can have one that works the way it should. I've had 3 separate "smart" phones over the years, and every last one of them started developing some sort of issue about the time I was due for an upgrade...

I've been told by multiple sources that this is merely a coincidence, but is it really? I'm more inclined to believe it's a conspiracy! LOL

Exco
I can leave ANYTHING alone weather it be car truck phone.. hell my playstation is even hacked/modded. My Razr was rooted and Im 99% sure thats what caused the OTA update to mess up

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 03-10-2012, 07:54 AM

Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Luck View Post
I can leave ANYTHING alone weather it be car truck phone.. hell my playstation is even hacked/modded. My Razr was rooted and Im 99% sure thats what caused the OTA update to mess up

I know I'm easily confused and all... but don't understand how problems arise if you are able to leave things alone.....

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 03-27-2012, 08:35 AM

I pulled the trigger yesterday afternoon. I got tired of fighting with the damn phone.

I went a got a Droid 4, as the more people I talked to, the more convinced I became that if I went with the iPhone, then I'd be back to the Droid soon (talked to 6 different people that made that mistake).

I'm still tweaking the phone, trying to get everything set up properly... that should only take a month or 12 LOL

Exco
Bill
Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: '11 1500 sport 4x4
Trim Level: sport 4x4
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
hoyter is on a distinguished road

I'm a big geek so I went with the Galaxy Nexus as I like to tweak my phone.

I'd say if your not vested in either ecosystem (apple/android) you have an opportunity to try any current phone. The Iphone is a great choice if you want a nice phone that just works. The android devices are great, but sometimes the options can get a bit overwhelming.