DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: express
Color: true blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
kubota man is on a distinguished road

just installed a f1 on my crew today and love it.800.00 free shipping
Old 05-09-2012, 02:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: bighorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:10
northtropics is on a distinguished road
Default Bak Flip F1

I have just had the Bak Flip F1 installed today too, really like it as it sits flush with the Ram Box. Very aero dynamic and water will have a hard time getting in as the rubber seal is nice and tight, Fiberglass top should handle any hail much better than an all alluminum G2.

I have had a Pace Edwards roll up in the past that served me very well over 15 years on my 1997 Ram - but with the new truck being a 5.5' box and ram box - I just couldn't afford to lose any bed space at all. I also like how it folds up and out of the way against the rear window if I need to transport my motorcycle.

Only negative so far is that it needs to be flipped up before closing the tailgate, as it could be damaged if you close it first then slam the gate shut. The Cap- It store installed it locally and even put on a tailgate seal for free to keep the dust out.
I also installed a set of Husky liner Weather beater floor liners that fit like a glove on the crew cab , so will be useful on the next hunting trip.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Rep:172
4x4Hemi has a spectacular aura about4x4Hemi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtropics View Post
I have just had the Bak Flip F1 installed today too, really like it as it sits flush with the Ram Box. Very aero dynamic and water will have a hard time getting in as the rubber seal is nice and tight, Fiberglass top should handle any hail much better than an all alluminum G2.

I have had a Pace Edwards roll up in the past that served me very well over 15 years on my 1997 Ram - but with the new truck being a 5.5' box and ram box - I just couldn't afford to lose any bed space at all. I also like how it folds up and out of the way against the rear window if I need to transport my motorcycle.

Only negative so far is that it needs to be flipped up before closing the tailgate, as it could be damaged if you close it first then slam the gate shut. The Cap- It store installed it locally and even put on a tailgate seal for free to keep the dust out.
I also installed a set of Husky liner Weather beater floor liners that fit like a glove on the crew cab , so will be useful on the next hunting trip.
Well thats very good to know, Ill hopefully be getting one of those, as soon as the money allows
Old 05-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Reg Cab Express
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:29
Techno Tim is on a distinguished road

I looked at the G2, F1 and the HD for weeks before deciding against any of them, the main reasons being:

1. Price - you're looking at 7 yards for the G2, more for the others.
2. Warranty - 1 year on the G2, 2 yrs on the F1 and HD. If you look around at reviews, a fair amount of reviewers claim the covers started to come apart after about a year.

Personally, I've had great luck with the Undercover Classic (1 pc hard cover) I had on my Silverado for 8 hot AZ summers. It's just now starting to get a few shallow dips here and there but the finish is still perfect. The only reason I won't be getting another for this truck is because it's getting a little hard for me to lift it off and hang it on the hooks it comes with when I need the bed for something large - not because it's heavy (about 60 lbs) but because it's awkward.

For this truck I decided on the Tonno Pro Trifold primarily because of:

1. Price - $270 shipped (I can buy one F1 or replace this one twice, if necessary).
2. Warranty - lifetime frame, ten years vinyl.

I never leave anything valuable in the back of my truck that I don't expect to be stolen. Let's face it, 90% or more of hard or soft tonneau covers are just going to keep honest people honest. If you park in your driveway every night and someone really wants to see what's under your cover, they're going to pop it open while your snuggled up in bed.