DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:23
bigreid is on a distinguished road

agreed with mad on this one, usually can't stand chrome. Worked out great on your truck!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreid View Post
agreed with mad on this one, usually can't stand chrome. Worked out great on your truck!
Thanks Bigreid, appreciate the comment.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Cabin Air Filter from Geno's came in today, gonna put it on tonight if it stops raining, or tomorrow, hopefully. You would think a 35k truck would have a cabin air filter LOL
Old 05-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Cabin Air Filter from Geno's came in today, gonna put it on tonight if it stops raining, or tomorrow, hopefully. You would think a 35k truck would have a cabin air filter LOL
Keep us posted!
What did it cost to have it shipped to you in montreal? Or are you state side right now?
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Keep us posted!
What did it cost to have it shipped to you in montreal? Or are you state side right now?

State side
GG-CFF1012 DODGE RAM CABIN AIR FILTER KIT ('10-'12 1500 CARBON FILTER WITH TOP PLATE $24.95
Ship Via: RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY $7.95

total was 25$ + 8$ shipping to Vermont. Good Deal
Old 05-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
State side
GG-CFF1012 DODGE RAM CABIN AIR FILTER KIT ('10-'12 1500 CARBON FILTER WITH TOP PLATE $24.95
Ship Via: RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY $7.95

total was 25$ + 8$ shipping to Vermont. Good Deal
That's right!
You mentioned having another property in the US.
Ill see how much it is to ship to here.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:00 PM

Well got tired of waiting for mother nature to cooperate and stop pissing on my truck, and after a few emails complaining to her, she finally gave in and let off the rain for a few hours, only needed 15min and the carbon Cabin Air filter with Mopar cap was installed and filtering. Some people was asking if it really cut down on air flow once installed, and you can notice it, but its not that much. I actually find it cut the sound of the whirling fan down, you don't hear it as much. All in all, inexpensive mod that was easy to install, will keep the crap out of the cabin and should of been there when I bought the truck LOL. I guess the guy at Chrysler that made the decision not to provide one when you buy the truck brand new is a car guy like us and figured it was a mod we could install ourselves so we could play with our trucks. Who knows.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Well got tired of waiting for mother nature to cooperate and stop pissing on my truck, and after a few emails complaining to her, she finally gave in and let off the rain for a few hours, only needed 15min and the carbon Cabin Air filter with Mopar cap was installed and filtering. Some people was asking if it really cut down on air flow once installed, and you can notice it, but its not that much. I actually find it cut the sound of the whirling fan down, you don't hear it as much. All in all, inexpensive mod that was easy to install, will keep the crap out of the cabin and should of been there when I bought the truck LOL. I guess the guy at Chrysler that made the decision not to provide one when you buy the truck brand new is a car guy like us and figured it was a mod we could install ourselves so we could play with our trucks. Who knows.
Fantastic!
But when you say it cuts out on air flow and you notice it....what airflow are you referring to?
Airflow of the venting.
Airflow as in the truck feels a little sluggish after the install?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Fantastic!
But when you say it cuts out on air flow and you notice it....what airflow are you referring to?
Airflow of the venting.
Airflow as in the truck feels a little sluggish after the install?
airflow for the cabin vents, with the filter in place it throws the air out the cabin vents a little less strong, so if you put your hand in front of the vents without the filter then put the filter in and try again, you will notice that the airflow out of the cabin vents is a bit less with the filter present, but I find it actually cuts down on the fan sound that used to be heard in the cabin prior to the filter being installed.

geese im not really good at explaining thing lmao hope this is better
Old 05-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
airflow for the cabin vents, with the filter in place it throws the air out the cabin vents a little less strong, so if you put your hand in front of the vents without the filter then put the filter in and try again, you will notice that the airflow out of the cabin vents is a bit less with the filter present, but I find it actually cuts down on the fan sound that used to be heard in the cabin prior to the filter being installed.

geese im not really good at explaining thing lmao hope this is better
Makes complete sense!
But is it a huge difference or minor that is still noticable?
If minor, I am more than fine with this.
I always keep mine on auto...not sure how that will change it, if much at all.

This is something I will do now.