DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Ram quad cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red with Yellow accents
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:13
crazymick is on a distinguished road
Default My Build with photos

So this is my long overdue return to the site and beginning of my build. I bought My 05 5.7L hemi sport package a little over a year ago. Due to unforseeable circumstances the build portion of my truck was put on hold. Now that I am in a better financial situation I can begin to pick up some mods.
When I first took delievery on the truck I immediately swapped out the exhaust for a Flow master cat back system. Unfortunately I didn't get a high flow Y. Something for down the road. I also went with a single out of the right side due to the trim package.... I am happy with the sound but I feel that I could get a better flowing exhaust so I will be fixing that some time down the road.
I will be seeking out billet badges or some other custom badge maker (if there are any out there) to completely rebadge my truck. I was going to just debadge it but it seems like alot of people are doing that. So in an effort to be different I am working on all new badges. Both sheilds will be changed, Hemi badges, and the ram 1500 badges will all be reworked.
I recently purchased and installed all LED Smoked lights as well as a tailgate light bar and LED fog lights.
I Purchased the required materials to build my custom Dual ram air CAI ( don't know if it will make a difference but by my logic it sure as hell can't hurt. Will post photos of that when everything comes in and its fabricated and installed.
I will be Modding the interior with Yellow and red carbon fiber.
Some day I hope to Paint it satin red with yellow and orange pearl racing stripes (glossy Finish)
Wheels and tires color matching.
Drop it and level it 2-4 front 4-6 rear (suggestions on kits?) Would like to bag it FBSS. I don't want it on the ground and I don't want to loose stability. I drive it hard so if this is not a good Idea (ie bags get squishy in high speed corners) I will stick to the kits and sway bars..
My next mod in the very near future I am going to pick up a programmer. I was looking at the Super Chips Vivid Linq. I Love the idea that I can control it with my cell phone. Plus I have an old cell that I no longer use and it is compatable with the system so that saves me about $300 from the diablo preditor. Has anyone used this system? pro's, con's. I have heard of connectivity issues with the blue tooth system but I have also heard that its a great system. I was playing with the demo tonight and thought it looked pretty cool. User friendly from what I can tell and plenty of options.
Suggestions on any other power adders, cool products, Or if you know of any one who has a viper v10 motor trans and computer I would love to get my hands on one of those......
Thats all I can think of for now. I hope I can continue to mod and post about it for some time to come..

Last edited by crazymick; 05-11-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road

Looks good! Keep em' coming!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Rep:1713
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Nice looking truck thanks for the pictures!!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI
Color: Blue/Silver
Rep:36
MadSoul87 is on a distinguished road

go to love the '05 HEMI's. you truck looks good man and seems like you got yourself a plan mapped out. can't wait to see you progress on it

My Build Page
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102923
Old 05-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Ram quad cab
Color: Red with Yellow accents
Rep:13
crazymick is on a distinguished road

thanks guys. Yeah I have a few Ideas. I think I will be buying the superchips vivid linq programmer for it this weekend. I will run that from an old phone I have that I don't use any more so I am saving myself some cashola. will be fun to install that and custom build my intake next week and get that all installed. As soon as everything is in I will update with new photos. I plan to take some stock readings and then some readings after the intake and chip is installed. see what kind of gains I get out of the system..
Old 05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet ride, nice color, keep the pictures coming on your updates