DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:11
MamasLaramie is on a distinguished road
Default car wash messed up my truck!

So me and my son were having our Mothers Day date when we decide to swing through the car wash. During the wash we both noticed his mirror close suddenly but I thought it may have just been from the force. Get to the end and pull out to take a closer look and find the front of the mirror totally scuffed. As Im waiting for the "manager" (looked about 12 yo) I notices about 10 inch long gashes starting at the passenger side front bumper all the way to the passenger taillight. No words for how sick I am right now. I have a call in to the general manager and have also emailed corporate. I know these situations can be tricky because they will always try to say that the damage could have already been there. Time to get ready for a fight I guess. Anybody else have a similar situation and what did you do?
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:19
constableal is on a distinguished road

yikes! sorry to hear about your misfortune. This is one reason if I use a automatic car wash i make sure it is one of the touchless-brushless washes. The cheap carwash that my county uses is the of the old rolling brush variety. All its good for is scuffing up the sides of our vehicles. Good luck in getting the carwash management to pay for your damage. Al
Old 05-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thanks Al. I already contacted my insurance agent and they're ready to get involved if I need them to. He also saw the truck in person last week and knows how flawless it is....err, was.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I hold my breath everytime my Ram enters the automated car wash
I watch it get pulled into the tunnel, get sprayed, the rags just drag over the vehicle, then the side brushes come out, i watch the whole operation, beginning to end
I am not religious, but i sort of ask the Gods to help it pass without damage
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well, exactly what I thought was going to happen happened. met with the GM today and they denied all accountability and said theres no way I can prove the scratches werent already there. Even though I know they werent, I dont see any way I can win this.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Quad Cab SLT 4x4
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
roaddog665 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamasLaramie View Post
Well, exactly what I thought was going to happen happened. met with the GM today and they denied all accountability and said theres no way I can prove the scratches werent already there. Even though I know they werent, I dont see any way I can win this.
If you have pics of your truck before the car wash, then take some now and start posting them online, make fliers and pass out around town. Fight back and give them a little (or a lot!!) of bad press and they may change their mind. If nothing else it would make me feel a little better!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

One time the carwash sprayed some chemical on my chrome rims which permanently discolored /etched the chrome. They denied it was them of course and it wasn't something I could claim on insurance.

In the end, all I could think to do was sit at the entrance on the public street with my truck parked and I wrote on the windows of my truck with white shoe polish "BEFORE YOU GET YOUR CAR WASHED HERE, STOP AND SEE HOW THEY DAMAGED MY TRUCK!"

I did this for 2 hours one day and on the second day they called the cops on me. I don't think they could have forced me to leave, but I didn't want to cause trouble with the officer so I left it at that knowing I caused them to loose at least some business.

Back in my youth, I would get my pound of flesh, but now I would let my insurance company handle it as you should. If they're like my company, Mercury, they will call it a comprehensive claim which doesn't count against you. Hopefully they will try to get the carwash to own up and cover your deductible.
thats a big bummer regardless

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 05-14-2012, 01:14 AM

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Color: sagebrush green
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
Jaytwo is on a distinguished road

Don't most car washes have cameras in them?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

All great suggestions guys. I love the thought of parking my ass out front and alerting people unfortunately being handicapped complicates that a bit. Im just going to let the insurance company handle things. I'm going to have it looked at first just to see if any of them can be buffed out. The taillight doesnt bother me much since LED lights were already on my list.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:17 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dk Cherry Red
Rep:14
dkerr24 is on a distinguished road

I'm still struggling with the fact that anyone uses automatic car washes. Nothing but a garden hose and hand washing for my truck. A bit more effort, but no chance of damaging or scratching anything.

Only time I use the power wash is when they have salted the roads and I want to rinse out the undercarriage.

Darin