DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Jon D

Default Tach, Speedo, ABS Light, Temp not working...

and all went out at once on my 95 1500 4X4. I have heard this is most likely a failure of the cluster and am looking for some affirmation or suggested alternatives. I have gone ahead an purchased a used cluster off ebay and could use help explaining the steps for changing clusters.
Thanks in advance from this Northern Virginia Newbie!
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Jon D

Well, not that anyone responded, but I replaced the cluster with a used one from ebay and everything works again.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Jon D

I can't seem to get the gear indicator cable installed onto the steering column correctly so any help with that would be appreciated.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Not sure , does that have a clip that snaps on to the collar of the column that moves when the shifter moves . It's been awhile since I've had one apart or am I thinking of a Gm or Ford . Will go out and look at my truck here shortly .
Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Just went and looked at my truck . I think I was thinking GM or Ford . I can't see anything without taking my truck apart (Lower column cover). I believe there is a metal latch (on the column) that the cable from the cluster hooks on . Let me know how you make out . Talk to ya soon . Tom
Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Jon D

Thanks Tom - there is indeed a small metal doohicky on the column that one end of the gear indicator cable hooks on to, what I cant see is how that end of the cable is supposed to anchor onto the column. There is a plastic bolt that I know it is supposed to clip onto but there is another plastic piece in the way. I suspect I am going to need a schematic to see how it is supposed to go together. In the mean time teh indicator is almost in the right location so I am not that worried abot it - just annoyed with it! :-)