DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Other Vehicle Discussion

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Has Internet Tourettes

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1694
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III
Default My Lawn Choo choo build

I was bored today. It was going to cost me about a hundred dollars for a headlight lens for my lawn tractor, so I decided to start modifying it...

Just roughing it in right now...

Thinking of flat or satin black but don't know if I want to build a headlight box or just recess it. It has the standard 12v system but I installed a 650 cca car battery. Anyone know where I can find an electric whistle??

Started fabricating the cow catcher and located a dummy axle and tires for the back tinder box extension.

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-09-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahaha..... I love it!

Flat Black to give more of an authentic look. With that battery, you could install an aircraft landing light.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 06-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Has Internet Tourettes

Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future

Oh yeah, I have a Fog Machine I use around Halloween but I figured with the battery I could hook up the power inverter and put it inside a metal box and attach it to the smoke stack, up on the front.

It just fits inside of an old metal craftsman tool box I have and I figured I could remove the handles and mount it long ways just above the dash and put the smoke stack in front of it.

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-09-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

This is AWESOME! !!! love it man. I just ripped apart my push and bed lined the whole thing. Thinking about a 3 inch stack, no muffler haha.

Anyway .... consider me a faithful follower of.this thread! Subscribed!!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Has Internet Tourettes

Started fabbing the hood hinge for the flip up nose.

Got a nice Halogen Headlight ($8)

And a Propane fogger for the smoke stack (Flea market $3) (full or mosquito repellent fog solution)

That makes the build $11.00 so far compared to the $100.00 headlight lens with $35.00 shipping...(that leaves $124.00 in my pocket for the build to break even)

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-10-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

You could make that barrel into a BBQ cooker & drive it to the cook out

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bbq+o...11,s:543,i:166

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Has Internet Tourettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
You could make that barrel into a BBQ cooker & drive it to the cook out

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bbq+o...11,s:543,i:166

I could also use it to haul a trailer barrel cooker, a trailer with the cooler, a trailer with a Beach chair and umbrella...
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

electric train whistles can be had almost anywhere.... they're not really cheap though.. I think prices start about $60, though you might want to check out your local Pep Boys or something similar

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 06-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Has Internet Tourettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
electric train whistles can be had almost anywhere.... they're not really cheap though.. I think prices start about $60, though you might want to check out your local Pep Boys or something similar

Exco
All I could find were air horns...and if I'm going to put them on...well then I'm not going to go off the shelf, I'm gonna need a compressor...

I did find a really cool brass bell on a wrought iron mount.

I also noticed that the fogger primer is bad so I can't build any pressure to the torch tip. I found a really cool polished brass tank for a Coleman hotplate on ebay. So I'm going to buy that and mount it to the side of the tank engine and run a 1/4 copper line to the fogger in the stack.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

This keep getting better!