DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

View Poll Results: Which leveling kit would you choose?
Top Gun Customz 2.5" 6 20.00%
Hell Bent Steel 2.5" 20 66.67%
Superlift 2.5" 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
benz is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys I just purchased a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab. This is my 3rd dodge of this chasis. I am looking at the different leveling kits. It is looking like the Bilsteins are the way to go. How is the ride over the stock set up ? How does the truck look with the stock 20 inch wheels and tires on it. Thanks any input and pics would be appreciated.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: LARAMIE QQ 4x4 3.92
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:52
AzHunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz View Post
Hi Guys I just purchased a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab. This is my 3rd dodge of this chasis. I am looking at the different leveling kits. It is looking like the Bilsteins are the way to go. How is the ride over the stock set up ? How does the truck look with the stock 20 inch wheels and tires on it. Thanks any input and pics would be appreciated.
There are plenty of threads around with people showing pics of their trucks with leveling kits.
This is my truck with just having Bilsteins on it set at 2.1" lift. Stock tire size with cooper Zeons.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:42 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Black
Rep:35
Zixxer is on a distinguished road

Ok, I've spent the better part of the morning researching the leveling kits, polls, pics, etc.

So if I follow this, you can literally just add the 5100s and set the adjustable ride height based upon a clip on the coil over? Why would anyone use a spacer kit for the strut over that setup? Seems almost too easy.

I literally almost pulled the trigger on the 2" Mopar kit (can get it for $780) with the bilsteins and rear springs...I assume that I just overkilling the setup?

PS - Truck above is sweet...love the graphic.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: LARAMIE QQ 4x4 3.92
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:52
AzHunter will become famous soon enough

Thanks, designed it with a guy who does vinyl. Follows the fender lines perfectly.

People use spacers allot for two reasons.
1. You can get a set of spacers for $60 vs. a set of the 5100's will cost you $200.
2. Installing the spacers, you just have to pull the strut out, bolt the spacer to the top of the strut then re-install. With the 5100's you have to disassemble the strut and replace the shock. Not difficult at all but you need a set of spring compressors. When I did mine, the coils are so big and heavy, it almost broke my cheap spring compressors.

I plan on getting the rear 5100's(not adjustable) next just to round out the rear with some much better shocks.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:35 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 CC
Color: Tequila Sunrise
Rep:15
itshertruck is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to itshertruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxer View Post
Ok, I've spent the better part of the morning researching the leveling kits, polls, pics, etc.

So if I follow this, you can literally just add the 5100s and set the adjustable ride height based upon a clip on the coil over? Why would anyone use a spacer kit for the strut over that setup? Seems almost too easy.

I literally almost pulled the trigger on the 2" Mopar kit (can get it for $780) with the bilsteins and rear springs...I assume that I just overkilling the setup?

PS - Truck above is sweet...love the graphic.
Zixxer,

What is this MOPAR 2" kit that you mentioned? Do you have a part number? I am looking forward to ordering a set of the 5100's when i return from deployment, but have not seen anything of a MOPAR 2" kit. Any info youcan share will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Blue
wthedeerslayer is on a distinguished road

Just put the Ready Lift 2 1/2 inch in the front and 1 1/2 in the rear and i have to say it looks great and the quality of the lift is unreal ,,its all steel and nothing to wear out and they offer a lifetime warranty..a lil pricey but worth every penny..
Old 04-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 08 dodge ram
Trim Level: sxt
Color: red
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
muddy dodge is on a distinguished road

there is a ebay store that sells leveling/lift kits and i bought a 3.5 fornt and 2.5 rear kit and i love it. the truck rides like stock looks good and i have plenty of room for my 35 inch nittos

Last edited by muddy dodge; 04-28-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 outdoorsman
Trim Level: outdoorsman
Color: black
Rep:12
itsreese is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshertruck View Post
Zixxer,

What is this MOPAR 2" kit that you mentioned? Do you have a part number? I am looking forward to ordering a set of the 5100's when i return from deployment, but have not seen anything of a MOPAR 2" kit. Any info youcan share will be greatly appreciated.

I posted earlier to see if anyone has done this, the part is new in the calatlog and apparantly replaces the discontinued leveling spacer, i have heard hit or miss comments about. It is PN P5155797. It is fromand and rear 5100s (adjustable front) with new dual rate coil spings for the rear. It also includes the hardware to address rear stabilizer bar, brake hose length, and compression travel.

Summit has it available albeit just shy of a grand. The guy i bought my truck from said the dealership offered a 10% discount if i bought through them, so i was going to call about pricing, install and alignment (as well as re alignment in the case of shock settling).

im sure there are others but for 600 Top Gun Customs sells the 4 socks and 2 coils. but possibly without the complete line of ascessories, so a shade tree mechanic like myself may end up back at dodge for hose length or other parts that will end up costing me the same amount.