DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 05-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Paul89's Avatar
Paul89 Paul89 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Liberty, Missouri
Posts: 124
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep Power: 0
Rep:20
Paul89 is on a distinguished road
Default

This is great information Ramvan2500. I'm one of those guys you call "knowledge of many...master of none." As I get older I still want to learn more and work with my hands. Just learn HVAC over a year ago, planning on taking classes in welding this fall, then would like to learn and rebuild my own transmissions. Just like doing my own work on things. Problem is you become everybodies friend but thats ok...I like to help people out.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-24-2012, 11:31 PM
ramvan2500's Avatar
ramvan2500 ramvan2500 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 1,900
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 4
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul89 View Post
This is great information Ramvan2500. I'm one of those guys you call "knowledge of many...master of none." As I get older I still want to learn more and work with my hands. Just learn HVAC over a year ago, planning on taking classes in welding this fall, then would like to learn and rebuild my own transmissions. Just like doing my own work on things. Problem is you become everybodies friend but thats ok...I like to help people out.
Thank you. Welding is pretty fun to learn, you could teach yourself of course go to harbor freight, buy one of those electric flux core welders. It's a start!
HVAC is good field to be in, especially since summer is right around the corner. But umm, if you want to learn to rebuild transmissions I'm here to help if you need any. Hect you can pick my brain about anything, anytime!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-14-2012, 02:12 AM
bigmikelrg's Avatar
bigmikelrg bigmikelrg is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Age: 23
Posts: 128
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
bigmikelrg is on a distinguished road
Default

Yea so I went to go and monitor the tach like u said ramvan and it's doing something different now now it's shifting late through all gears just CRUSING and when I get on it it passes the red line and hits the rev limiter at 5500 RPMS I have to let off the gas for it to shift and it bangs on the rev limiter 3-5 times if u let it is that the oil pres solenoid and is it possible to do a 50/50 race/daily driver internals with my trany and if so can I have par numbers I know ur notorious for trannys but if it's not possible can I have part numbers for trany rebuild parts to make it as much like a race tranny as possible but still b able to run as daily driver? Thanks ramvan!
__________________
HyperTech Power Programmer, PowerAid Throttle Body spacer, BOSH Plugs, Super40 FlowMaster Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-14-2012, 02:46 AM
ramvan2500's Avatar
ramvan2500 ramvan2500 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 1,900
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 4
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikelrg View Post
Yea so I went to go and monitor the tach like u said ramvan and it's doing something different now now it's shifting late through all gears just CRUSING and when I get on it it passes the red line and hits the rev limiter at 5500 RPMS I have to let off the gas for it to shift and it bangs on the rev limiter 3-5 times if u let it is that the oil pres solenoid and is it possible to do a 50/50 race/daily driver internals with my trany and if so can I have par numbers I know ur notorious for trannys but if it's not possible can I have part numbers for trany rebuild parts to make it as much like a race tranny as possible but still b able to run as daily driver? Thanks ramvan!
Oh yes of course, I will give you the parts and there part numbers for a daily driver rebuild that allows you to do light street racing, you won't be able to throw 400HP behind it without snapping a shaft or hub but you can stomp down on that pedal over and over and over and over and not have to worry about a thing.

I will begin making a list tomorrow morning and probably have it up tomorrow night, it's a relatively short list. I do have a couple of questions just so I give you the correct parts, What year is the truck and what model transmission do you have, I think you once told me it's a 46RE???
I need to know year and model because different models and years used a different number and thickness of friction discs and friction plates.

What is the predicted HP you are putting into it? Do you plan on doing many many burn outs? Do you expect to tow often or moderately? Are you going to be doing high speed racing?

I have to get a tach, I have my heart set on a autometer 5" with a shift light and built in memory. But thats almost 200 bucks! Ouch...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-14-2012, 03:30 AM
bigmikelrg's Avatar
bigmikelrg bigmikelrg is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Age: 23
Posts: 128
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
bigmikelrg is on a distinguished road
Default

Tach is cool I need one right. AND yes towing every now and then nothing to big and it's stock engine right now and it's a 1999 5.2 I'm not sure the moddle trans but on the info sticker under the hood the code for the trans is (DGB, STD DUTY 4SPD AUTO TRANS) I think it's a 46 or 47 I'm not 100% sure but if u need one ofe the letters off the vin that's fine and I eventually want to drop in a 5.9 stroker but by then I will b wanting to switch up the tranny even more and yea burnouts when I want so yea the capability to do that I also have 4:10 gears in it if u need that info aswell.
__________________
HyperTech Power Programmer, PowerAid Throttle Body spacer, BOSH Plugs, Super40 FlowMaster Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-14-2012, 03:35 AM
ramvan2500's Avatar
ramvan2500 ramvan2500 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 1,900
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 4
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikelrg View Post
Tach is cool I need one right. AND yes towing every now and then nothing to big and it's stock engine right now and it's a 1999 5.2 I'm not sure the moddle trans but on the info sticker under the hood the code for the trans is (DGB, STD DUTY 4SPD AUTO TRANS) I think it's a 46 or 47 I'm not 100% sure but if u need one ofe the letters off the vin that's fine and I eventually want to drop in a 5.9 stroker but by then I will b wanting to switch up the tranny even more and yea burnouts when I want so yea the capability to do that I also have 4:10 gears in it if u need that info aswell.
The 46 series transmission is actually very strong transmission, remember that a transmission is rated x ft-lbs that is constant load under shock load conditions you can reach almost 5 times the constant.

But I'm very sure you have a 46RE, finding a 47 series isn't common except in the 2500 series and behind the 5.9L most times if it's the 5.9L and 47 combination it's in a 2500 series. But this information is good enough, umm how much you plan on spending?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-14-2012, 03:58 AM
bigmikelrg's Avatar
bigmikelrg bigmikelrg is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Age: 23
Posts: 128
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
bigmikelrg is on a distinguished road
Default

I know I'm going to b rebuilding a tranny so it's not gona b cheap but I don't wanna buy 24k gold parts I'm fine with sterling silver u get wat I mean not top TOP of the line but good enough for durability reliable and and handle some raceing
__________________
HyperTech Power Programmer, PowerAid Throttle Body spacer, BOSH Plugs, Super40 FlowMaster Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-14-2012, 12:09 PM
ramvan2500's Avatar
ramvan2500 ramvan2500 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 1,900
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 4
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikelrg View Post
I know I'm going to b rebuilding a tranny so it's not gona b cheap but I don't wanna buy 24k gold parts I'm fine with sterling silver u get wat I mean not top TOP of the line but good enough for durability reliable and and handle some raceing
I understand 100%, I got a called in so I have to go to work but I will have the list sometime tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 PM
ramvan2500's Avatar
ramvan2500 ramvan2500 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 1,900
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 4
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikelrg View Post
I know I'm going to b rebuilding a tranny so it's not gona b cheap but I don't wanna buy 24k gold parts I'm fine with sterling silver u get wat I mean not top TOP of the line but good enough for durability reliable and and handle some raceing
The list is going to have to wait another day or two, I just had a front wheel bearing go out on me along with another wheel stud and wheel nut and all 4 wheels out of balance again. Damn truck has been costing me alot of money and pain.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-15-2012, 07:34 PM
bigmikelrg's Avatar
bigmikelrg bigmikelrg is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Age: 23
Posts: 128
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
bigmikelrg is on a distinguished road
Default

O ok just leme know
__________________
HyperTech Power Programmer, PowerAid Throttle Body spacer, BOSH Plugs, Super40 FlowMaster Exhaust
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum