DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 outdoorsman
Trim Level: outdoorsman
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
itsreese is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 1500 2" lift kit

I have a 11 Outdoorsman and have been shopping leveling kits for a while, but the dealth wobble has kept me from pulling the trigger. I have read that the wobble is either caused by extreme CV angles and can be remidies with high angle CV joints. Other answer is from Dodge themselves, and their answer is why are you driving 4hi on the freeway, 4hi is for <45mph...

I noticed some getting a hold of a MOPAR 2" leveling spacer from the MOPAR catalog, but the part was since removed.

Reading the catalog yesterday, MOPAR has a new offering, P5155797: 2" LIFT.. not level. the list price is almost a grand, but comes with Bilsein 5100s front (adjustable) and rear, with new rear coils, complete with all hardware to address rear stabilizer bar, brake hose length and compression travel.

Has anyone installed this? If the spacers are creating a high CV angle situation, a lift, could be a more stable answer at 3x the price (plus installation and alignment).

Top Gun Customs, has a similar offering with the 4 shocks and 2 coils for $600, but the listing does not say if it has all the goodies to make it a truely complete kit.

When the dealership opens im going to give them a ring and get more info and pricing out the door, if anyone has installed this or know how it rides, any heads up would be appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 06-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:10
jc0311 is on a distinguished road

I am looking into this kit as well, I have a 2012 Laramie 4x4, I am kind of tempted to just getting the HBS for 80.00 and call it a day, but the Mopar one looks pretty cool too. Let me know how it turns out for you.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Rep:10
goingcrazy is on a distinguished road

I have a pro-comp 2.5" leveling kit on my 2011 crew cab Sport 4x4 and have put almost 20k miles on it with kit installed. A lot of those miles is driving between Phoenix and Vegas at highway speeds. No issues so far. I wish I had pictures to show you but the angles on the CV shafts doesn't appear to be extreme. I have seen GM/Chevy's with a 6" lift installed that had more angle to them.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 outdoorsman
Trim Level: outdoorsman
Rep:12
itsreese is on a distinguished road

so after shopping, shopping... and MORE shopping.... NOBODY has any Bilstein 5100's in stock... except WWW.AUTOPLICITY.COM... a subsidiary of THMotorsports.com. OK well some people have front but the rear 5100s are on backorder until July. Anyhow, i called these fellaz, and they had 2 front and 5 rear INSTOCK and under 100 each! $96-F 74-R each. I ordered the last night... dropped to my door the ding to the plastic was only $385 Pungo Off Road quoted me at $150 to install them, and Team Hi-Dust said $125 unless they had to re-adjsut the struts to get it level then it'd be $25 more. Alignment is gonna be $85.

If i can talk the alignment shop into taking a $20 and swap my coils onto the new strut, since thats what a spring compressor will run me, and it will take me 30 minutes to do what they can in 5 with the right tools, i will do it myself in the drive way.

i jut havent decided on the lift setting yet. i see some that seem to sit nose high at 2.8".... but i have an outdoorsman (which i dont notice a difference but some manufacturers want to say there is one), and im doing the rear 5100s as well and according to Bilstein rase the A$$ 0-1"...

any ideas? i was thinking about taking her out to level ground, measuring front and rear... installing the rear shocks, then reameasuring the front and rear and then dermining the front lift ill need to level it and set it just below...

they are being shipped snail mail... USPS Ground mail, so they should be here by november elections, but ill post pics when i do it and measure f/r on an outdoorsman in case anyone wants to know what a 5100 set up alone can do for the ram.