DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > Cummins Diesel Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
donjuan7z is on a distinguished road
Default Trans wont shift always in second

I have a 2003 ram 2500 cummins. last year the trans would not shift into overdrive, i took it to a trans guy and he found a loose conection and re-greased the connections. two weeks ago i go to leave and the truck is just stuck in second. i sent it back to the same trans guy and he determined it was wiring but couldnt find it this time because it is away from the trans. it does move but stays in second. after the trans guy played with it for the second time wiggling wires and conections and stuff now it does not indicate what gear you are in, with the box around the selection. it only tells you when you are in park or nuetral. it does go into grear just does not indicate where you are on the display with the box around it. this obviously seems to be some sort or electrical problem has anyone had anything like this? the truck only has 54,000 on it
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
donjuan7z is on a distinguished road

i also noticed that the trans fluid didnt seem as hot as it should have as compared to touching the trans itself, maybe indicating bad circulation, could this be a clogged filter? not sure if that would effect that at all. trans fluid has never been changed but look nice and red and clean.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

I had a similar problem with a hemi ram I worked on . Sent it back to trans shop and they finally said it was fixed . Shift solenoid pack . Your truck has similar symptons .