DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how you guys do it. I have a pair of 24" wide screens and am in the process of figuring out how to add 2 more.

I tried surfing the Z on my iPhone and gave up in less then 1 minute.

Even though I have this admiration for your abilities to do this, I still feel it necessary to throw spit balls at Kurtis. Must be a character flaw.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 06-25-2012, 11:45 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

When you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with a dual 20" monitor work computer that deems the Z a 'hacking' website you will take what you can get, and that's my 3" Android
Old 06-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Just some guy in Canada

brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
When you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with a dual 20" monitor work computer that deems the Z a 'hacking' website you will take what you can get, and that's my 3" Android
I take it your IT department are not Dodge fans.

When a company or it's IT department uses 'hacking' as an excuse for this, it tells me clearly that either -
a) They have absolutely no idea what they're taking about.
b) They enjoy having 'control' over they're employee's content.
c) They don't want they're employee's 'surfing' on company time.

Either way, it's a very sad mentality for any organization to have. Forums like this are not hacking and they certainly do not have content worthy of censorship. If it's the surfing thing, they might want to consider how they treat/communicate with their staff, and how they measure productivity.

I say all these things as an employer that has to deal with these very issues. I do not have a problem with the staff in my workplace AND I do not deny them access to their favorite forums during business hours. As long as they get their job done, done right and in a reasonable time frame......happy boss!

I do however deny myself the privilege of surfing the Z at work, as I know that it would interfere with my productivity so I try to set a good example.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 06-26-2012, 12:31 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

No, this stems from when a co-worker was new to our job site and hadn't received his IT pass yet, so he was using my account. He decided it would be funny to get onto my personal sites and decided on here to post that I sold my truck and bought a vipe, if you remember that day. I know I didn't post it so Clay pinged the server as a possible hacker and since it's a server used by the Norwegian government it automatically blocked access to the site.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Just some guy in Canada

I remember that day!
It sure had most of us in complete shock to say the least.

So the server saw the ping as a 'hack attack' and responded by blocking the Z. That totally sucks. The only way around that is to make friends with one of the IT managers, and I doubt that is even possible. The top IT guys likely don't even see Canada, let alone the area your working in.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

i dont think i was on then, but i do remember seeing the thread around here.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:420
gotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nice

Awwwww lawd, here he goes again
First two pages of "new posts" are nothing but chunkem
He's working on three pages
Old 07-03-2012, 01:55 PM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

well on the topic of brad loving computers vs phones for the Z, i lost my 3 inch display in the remote locations of Edgemont SD fighting wildland fires..... so back to hitting up the computer for a few days lol
Old 07-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Sorry to hear! It's gotta be tough going from a massive 3" display to some puny 22" display.

You could always cover all but 3" with some masking tape it that helps.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:13 AM

really the only downfall is i have to plant myself in a chair, typically multiple times a day now, because of the forum. lol i guess i can handle that