DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

I'm done with this 430nRHB issue . It will skip and play fast with an iphone4 on Bluetooth streaming unless u press the phone lock button. It will have poor visibility, low brightness, low contrast in daylight (FAR INFERIOR TO THE 730n or ANY other backup camera I've ever seen) that is not controllable. I just drove to my dealer and checked the tsb 08-019-12 and i'm up to date. TA DA DONE! And thanks for all the input.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie Crew
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
drew7811 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
1) There is a TSB # 08-019-12 that is available for the 2011 vehicles, it is a revised edition of the TSB from last year, # 08-036-11 rev A.
2) what phone do you have?
3) what are te issues that you're having?
4) Have you tried rebooting your phone? I have seen sevral issues that have "just started" to happen an a simple reboot of the phone helps a lot. I have an iPhone 4S (had a 4 prior to the 4S) and have to reboot them a few times a month for various issues other than just Bluetooth issues. Phones are nothing more than a mini computer and how often do you have to reboot your computer?
5) Have you performed a phone update lately? Did you notice the issues after the update? I have seen new updates affect a phone and Uconnect also.

It's a Samsung Captivate. It does get rebooted fairly often. The issues I keep having are that when I push the Uconnect button it will say the phone is connected (sometimes) and when I tell it to "call so and so" it tells me the "phone is not available". Also when I get an incoming call and I press the uconnect, it doesn't connect. I end up having to pick up the phone itself and turn off the "headset" button to continue with the call. It's not the end of the world, just an annoying quirk that keeps popping up.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:25 AM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

So the TSB for the Uconnect helped withthe iPhone issue, did the dealer also do a radio SW update for the camera issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by semlohde View Post
I'm done with this 430nRHB issue . It will skip and play fast with an iphone4 on Bluetooth streaming unless u press the phone lock button. It will have poor visibility, low brightness, low contrast in daylight (FAR INFERIOR TO THE 730n or ANY other backup camera I've ever seen) that is not controllable. I just drove to my dealer and checked the tsb 08-019-12 and i'm up to date. TA DA DONE! And thanks for all the input.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:29 AM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

The Captivate did have some issues and I don't 100% recall what they were but I think there was a work around made for the way they were sending the phonebook information and also for the streaming audio. Have you tried the TSB update yet?

edited question:
Did I mess up somewhere? I though that you have a 430N but I was just looking at the PM that you sent me and it mentions a 730N radio and your Captivate. If it is a 730N radio, then the above mentioned TSB won't work for you. It'll only work if the radio is a Mitsubishi radio (RES, REQ, RHB, RBZ).
However I do believe there is a radio update for the Harman radios (730 & 730N) at the mygig website. (http://mofv.com/mygig/) I have more experiance with the Mitsubishi radios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew7811 View Post
It's a Samsung Captivate. It does get rebooted fairly often. The issues I keep having are that when I push the Uconnect button it will say the phone is connected (sometimes) and when I tell it to "call so and so" it tells me the "phone is not available". Also when I get an incoming call and I press the uconnect, it doesn't connect. I end up having to pick up the phone itself and turn off the "headset" button to continue with the call. It's not the end of the world, just an annoying quirk that keeps popping up.

Last edited by xsdbs; 07-07-2012 at 08:38 AM.