DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 1500 Tradesman
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
shamu is on a distinguished road
Default Thoughts on Customer Service Issue

I ordered a set of Westin nerf bars through an online vendor.
They arrived in a timely fashion, neatly packaged in the factory Westin box with seals and straps intact, obviously never having been opened by any second party.
Open the box, unwrap the contents, and voila, 2 driver side bars,no passenger side.
This is the part where maybe my thinking goes off track.
Obviously, this is a factory quality control issue, not a vendor issue, so I contact Westin's customer service.I explain the issue, and am told, "you have to take that up with the place you bought them, it's their inventory."
Sooo, instead of them addressing their error, I have to wait for a shipping label from the vendor, ship the ones I have back to them, so they can ship them to Westin, so I can get a replacement set.
Does anyone else think Westin should have addressed this directly?
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:249
2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about

that deffinetly sucks! but the fact that westin allows this online vendor to be a "dealer" for them meens, yes you need to deal with the dealer you bought them from. When you buy a truck from a dealer and you have an issue you deal with the dealer not Ram or any other manufacturuer directly. Hopefully you can get this rectified

Mods : 20x9 fuel Kranks, S&B CAI, 20% tint, Ram rubber mud flaps, Lumens 35w 6000k canbus low beams, tri fold tonneau, led plate & cargo lights, custom led bed lighting
Old 06-26-2012, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

I think Westin should have handled it for you. They need to keep the vendor (the person that earns them their bread and butter) happy too! Them blowing you off on to the vendor is lazy imo

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I can see both sides to this issue, and understand completely why they want you to deal with the vendor. Personally, I don't like it but do understand it.

As a business owner I deal with this very situation occasionally. For this reason I encourage my customers to consider purchasing items that are either very high end or regular stock items. Most of my suppliers that offer very high end product will take care of the end customer directly with me in the loop. The ones that don't are not very high on my recommendation list and I make that very clear to my customers when purchasing that product. On the other side, if someone purchases a regular stock item, I have the option to immediately supply them with a replacement out of my inventory to hopefully offset the inconvenience of the error/issue. This policy has served me well over the years, as over 90% of my customers are repeat customers and have been so for over a decade.

I know your situation is not one that you prepared yourself for when you ordered the steps, but....Stuff Happens. Give the vendor the chance to rectify this problem in a reasonable time and enjoy the steps when you get a correct set. If they do you well, remember that the next time you are buying something. Also remember how 'well' the manufacturer handled things and use that information to assist you in making your next purchase decision when they are a 'contender'.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

Nice insight and advice Brad, I'll remember all that

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 06-28-2012, 08:15 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I find this strange... most things that I purchase have a little note included that say to contact the manufacturer directly, blah, blah, blah

I understand that stuff and mistakes happens, but this still turns me completely off to Westin... I always thought they were over priced anyway.

Hope that you get the issues corrected quickly

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 06-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for the thoughts on this. Apparently Westin has changed their ways over time. 3 separate people I spoke to before I contacted anyone, all had glowing thing to say about them. All 3 said, " oh, just call them and they will probably just send the passenger side out and not even worry about the return." Kind of a let down when I DID call.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

On a side note, truckxl has been outstanding in trying to rectify this for me.