DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Brakes

Notices

Brakes Brake Maintenance and Replacement

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough
Default my brakes are done ,... just bought powerstop

just bought powerstop brakes from autoanything,,.. i imagine all have them at the end of next week,.. my original one are done,..

is anyone running the powerstop brake kit? how do you like them
Old 06-24-2012, 11:49 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

I will be, when I get home...I have run them on other vehicles before, I would say there is about a 20% increase in stopping power due to pad bite, but beyond that they just look good. Bad thing about the rotors is if they warp they cant be turned, they have to be replaced. But I am not generally Hard on my brakes so its not a big deal to me. With the boat in tow though, that will now be a different story. 7,000 lbs is A LOT of boat to stop with stock brakes.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 PM

crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough

just installed them myself this weekend disque and pads to the for wheels, everything went well , nice product

also they work and look very good, i'm still going easy on them because their new but they feel very good..
Old 07-02-2012, 12:08 PM
US Army Retired

ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

You actually want to be very hard on them when new.

http://www.powerstop.com/how-to
Quote:
Brake Pad Break-In Procedure

IMPORTANT: BREAK IN NEW BRAKE PADS/ROTORS USING THE PAD BEDDING PROCEDURE AS FOLLOWS. PROPER PAD BED­DING CAN PREVENT ROTOR WARPING.

The break in procedure is critical to brake performance. The reason for a proper break in is to establish an even layer of friction material deposited on the rotors from the brake pads. It is very important that this initial layer of friction material is evenly distributed. Break in the pads as follows: 5 moderate to aggressive stops from 40 mph down to 10 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool and do not come to a complete stop. Then do 5 mod­erate stops from 35 mph to 5 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool. You should expect to smell some resin as the brakes get hot. After this is complete, drive around for as long as possible without excessively heating the brakes and without coming to a complete stop (Try for about 5 minutes at moderate speed). This is the cooling stage. It allows the heated resin in the brake pads to cool and cure. After the brakes have cooled to standard operating temperature, you may use the brakes normally.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-02-2012, 12:09 PM
US Army Retired

Basically it means find a back road, and drive it like a complete ass for 10 minutes.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport cc
Trim Level: Sport
Color: pearl Blue
Rep:11
mamasboy is on a distinguished road

hey crusher where did you get themand do you have part numbers?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:15 PM
US Army Retired

Auto Anything has the complete kits:

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/6...0A3121093.aspx

Old 07-03-2012, 09:02 PM

ya exactly i got them from autoanything the complet kit around 400$

oupps i should off read the break in procedure,.

dou you think its to late to do that procedure?
Old 07-04-2012, 03:15 AM
US Army Retired

No, you should be good. better late than never.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:10 AM

so i followed your advice and did the procedure,

the brake are still going very good, very happy with it and it cost me alot less than if i went to the dealer witch they wanted 1300.00$ just for the parts,...