DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > South West

Notices

South West AZ, CA,CO, HI,NM, NV, TX, UT

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-26-2012, 05:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie with RamBox
Color: Rugged Brown
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
SHADCHA is on a distinguished road

I asked an eye doctor about this year ago and he was hesitant and basically told me he didn't want to be responsible or get in trouble, even thought like the most of you I prefer front tinted windows for privacy and yes my eyes are sensitive to sunlight. Laws are different from state to state and here from city to city, cops will meter your windows to see just how dark they are that way they will issue you a ticket or not. So read up on your local laws and yes look for those "loop holes".
Old 05-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport 4x4 SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:26
Crobber is on a distinguished road

In Texas the legal limit is 25% driver and passnager. You can have anything in the back doors and rear window. No tint besides that strip on the top can be on the front windshield. There was a point when texas allowed 20% in the front windows. for a total period of 4 months or so but changed in back to 25 -__- I was one of them to get it during the legal time of 20. there was no way I was cracking more money down to get new tint.

I have always ran 20% and the tint has always looked darker than what it actually was. Never been pulled over. In my opinion Houston has never really cared for how dark your tint is. HPD more cares about you going 3 over the speed limit.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:14 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

I'm probably in a different age group than most so my thought process may be different than yours, but I solved my tint problem by finding out what was legal and then having it done to legal spec's. Problem solved

Jay
Old 07-09-2012, 01:26 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

Ya in Houston I have only been pulled over once in my 7 yrs here on a trainlbazer I had been driving with 20% which was 16 on the meter and only got hassled my a state trooper leaving my apt on easter. I have been pulled over by god for speeding and given warnings but ne er even looked twice at my Windows. my cobalt SS I drive 4 or 5 days a week is 20% front limo rear I just open the sunroof druring the day if I see a state cop car. Inspections are no issue you can always pay off someone at a small shop. I did my trans am in 35 front limo rear because of the cam and emissions I can only pay someone to look so far the other way. I plan to do my ram 20% all the way around but since it is a dd I was rethinking of maybe legal on the front and blacking out all the rear Windows since it will darken it almost as much. only way to beat the law is when I lived here before swapping my tags and license from fl I had my cats limo all around and 1/3 of the windshield tinted. got harassed a few timed but since fl has no inspection or front plates and the cops didn't know I was lying when.I.said it was legal there I just drove away.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.