DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:327
starquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the rough

Wow. You are absolutely ridiculous. You sound just like every other anti-government conspiracy theorist that I have ever heard speak....making up BS based on things that you do not know just so you can be talking. Couple of things....

Just because you apparently don't have anyone in the world that you care about doesn't mean that most of the rest of us don't. Myself and many others want a force that is equipped to handle whatever tomorrow's idiot comes up with. I guess you don't need that. So when you find yourself at the mall and a gunman comes in with assault weapons and absolutely no discretion as to who he pulls the trigger on, you should just handle that yourself. I'm sure you will fair just fine.

Also, nice flair but there is no way that truck is anywhere near 80-100K even fully outfitted. Sounds good in your anti-government rant when you say it though.

Also, the Prius that you would love to see law enforcement driving probably costs a third more than a Dodge Charger. So if you are looking to degrade LEOs then job well done. If you are looking to save your tax dollars, you failed.

And lastly, I have been a member of this forum for quite a while and have thankfully found it friendly to Law Enforcement and haven't had to deal with the likes of you. That being said, I'm not going to now either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (even if it is full of stereotypical BS) but I don't feel like this is the place for it. This thread is about a truck, the very truck that this site it dedicated to, and nothing more. If we don't have anything to say about the truck itself then we probably shouldn't be talking at all.

I'm done.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 4X4
Trim Level: Sport 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
TheMeat54 is on a distinguished road
Cool Beauty truck

The organization I work for don't use light duty trucks, we do use Tahoe 4X2 pursuit rated trucks along with crown vics and chargers. If our outfit buys a pickup truck it's usually 3/4 ton and used for towing or other heavy duty applications. But it’s nice to see Dodge breaking into the market with a nice unit such as this.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT 4x4 Regular Cab
Color: Metalic Grey
CoolBlueDude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
Wow. You are absolutely ridiculous. You sound just like every other anti-government conspiracy theorist that I have ever heard speak....making up BS based on things that you do not know just so you can be talking. Couple of things....

Just because you apparently don't have anyone in the world that you care about doesn't mean that most of the rest of us don't. Myself and many others want a force that is equipped to handle whatever tomorrow's idiot comes up with. I guess you don't need that. So when you find yourself at the mall and a gunman comes in with assault weapons and absolutely no discretion as to who he pulls the trigger on, you should just handle that yourself. I'm sure you will fair just fine.

Also, nice flair but there is no way that truck is anywhere near 80-100K even fully outfitted. Sounds good in your anti-government rant when you say it though.

Also, the Prius that you would love to see law enforcement driving probably costs a third more than a Dodge Charger. So if you are looking to degrade LEOs then job well done. If you are looking to save your tax dollars, you failed.

And lastly, I have been a member of this forum for quite a while and have thankfully found it friendly to Law Enforcement and haven't had to deal with the likes of you. That being said, I'm not going to now either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (even if it is full of stereotypical BS) but I don't feel like this is the place for it. This thread is about a truck, the very truck that this site it dedicated to, and nothing more. If we don't have anything to say about the truck itself then we probably shouldn't be talking at all.

I'm done.
I've said my peace, but here is more. starquestbd22... If you care to ask around I am not the lone ranger in this common thought among the citizens they/?you? are sworn to protect and serve!!! Just saying... I am also keeping my comments based on the topic of the truck in this thread. Who mentioned Dodge Charger??? Even I want to drive one of those things!!! Nice try to discredit me though.

Furthermore sir, I am an engineer for crying out loud and far from stupid! I pay a good chunk of taxes to have earned the right to comment as I chose (anyone who pays any tax has a voice). As for your anti-government statement- Don't give me that crap... I love my country, my freedom, and those of our military who fight and those who died to defend my right to comment as I chose today. Tell me you don't make similar comments to others! There is nothing wrong with my comment(s) other than the fact you don't like it/them. But because I am the assumed minority of this group you think you can bully me.

Take for instance the mall comment. I am going to try to manage an appropriate response. If I was afraid sir, I wouldn't walk outside my house. We are all dying, some sooner than others. Life is a risk, I am not scared to live or die, in a mall or in church. I know where my eternal hope lies- in heaven worshiping Jesus my LORD and savior. You think I am a less of a man b/c I made a comment like I did about cops not needing this RAM police truck... Attacking my character/manhood isn't called for, but don't be so quick to judge me or what I am capable of handling sir. You don't know me neither do you know what I am able to handle or what I have already been through. So that was just a plane ignorant statement on your part. Moving on...

I am sure the RAM police truck is a fine over engineered (which is a good thing) truck that would serve some law enforcement agencies well, police/cops just don't have a foreseeable need for such a truck! The only law enforcement I could understand and have no argument against needing this type of truck would be border patrol agents and fish and wildlife/game wardens. If there is another like them then my apologies, but I can't think of any off hand. I am not arguing that. I am referring to state and local police/cops not having any use for such a truck as this.

I bet if you would ask your citizens they would tell you there are other things they think the money could be BETTER spent on besides this RAM police truck- which probably really would cost somewhere around that 80k mark/ea. unless bought in bulk- then maybe 60-70k, probably would get a LEO discount as well from manufacturers so knock another 5K off- that is a lot of money still, I don't care who you are!!! That's not anti-government sir, that's Economics. That one is free. Your welcome.

Yah, you are right about one thing- the Prius... I thought about that after I had already posted my comment. Oh well, I can't be right all the time... Have a nice day!

Last edited by CoolBlueDude; 07-08-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: make corrections.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 PM

starquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the rough

Like you I wish to be done with this conversation but I feel the need to explain a couple of things.

I did not call you or insinuate that you are stupid. Nor did I try to discredit you, insult your manhood, or am I out to bully you, lol. I did say that your ideology strikes me as ridiculous and insinuate that you are ignorant on a certain topic. As an engineer I am sure you are aware that being ignorant is not necessarily an insult....it simply means you aren't extremely knowledgable about a particular topic. In this case I was referencing your comments concerning cops not having a need for this type of vehicle, cops wasting your tax dollars, and cops driving a Prius. You didn't qualify your comment to any group or level of Law Enforcement but rather lumped us all into one big group, "cops", that generally asserts we are all the same, hence my stereotypical comment. While some "cops" might not have a need for this truck, some do. While some "cops" might waste tax dollars, there are many that do not. Most because they have nothing to do with financial decisions anyway and some that do make financial decisions but are actually capable of making them sensibly. And lastly, no "cop" that has arrest powers needs to be driving a Prius for reasons that should be self-explanatory. And that is also the reason I mention the Dodge Charger....simply because it is currently the most utilized Police vehicle and to use as comparison to the Prius.

All of those things aside, my biggest issue with your post is that you join a discussion about a pickup truck with a comment that only references the truck in order to comment negatively about Law Enforcement. I have seen people on other comment boards that constantly take any mention of Law Enforcement, no matter what the nature or relevance, and seize the opportunity to turn it into an unrelated slamfest. I am not saying you are one of these people but to me this seems to be exactly what you have done.

Also, as mentioned above, stereotyping is almost never a good thing. I do not need a Ram truck to drive to do my job and I will not get one. I do not make financial decisions of any significance so I do not waste tax dollars. I do not bully people, I do not plant evidence, I do not take bribes, I do not use escessive force. I don't even write tickets. I go to work everyday and do my job because I enjoy it and I try my best to protect lives and property, help bring perpetrators to justice, and recover property that has been taken. Yes there are negative, even illegal and unjust things that go on in Law Enforcement but it is the minority. Whatever your issues with Law Enforcement are please do not assume they apply to all of us.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 07-08-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Like you I wish to be done with this conversation but I feel the need to explain a couple of things.

I did not call you or insinuate that you are stupid. Nor did I try to discredit you, insult your manhood, or am I out to bully you, lol. I did say that your ideology strikes me as ridiculous and insinuate that you are ignorant on a certain topic. As an engineer I am sure you are aware that being ignorant is not necessarily an insult....it simply means you aren't extremely knowledgable about a particular topic. In this case I was referencing your comments concerning cops not having a need for this type of vehicle, cops wasting your tax dollars, and cops driving a Prius. You didn't qualify your comment to any group or level of Law Enforcement but rather lumped us all into one big group, "cops", that generally asserts we are all the same, hence my stereotypical comment. While some "cops" might not have a need for this truck, some do. While some "cops" might waste tax dollars, there are many that do not. Most because they have nothing to do with financial decisions anyway and some that do make financial decisions but are actually capable of making them sensibly. And lastly, no "cop" that has arrest powers needs to be driving a Prius for reasons that should be self-explanatory. And that is also the reason I mention the Dodge Charger....simply because it is currently the most utilized Police vehicle and to use as comparison to the Prius.

All of those things aside, my biggest issue with your post is that you join a discussion about a pickup truck with a comment that only references the truck in order to comment negatively about Law Enforcement. I have seen people on other comment boards that constantly take any mention of Law Enforcement, no matter what the nature or relevance, and seize the opportunity to turn it into an unrelated slamfest. I am not saying you are one of these people but to me this seems to be exactly what you have done.

Also, as mentioned above, stereotyping is almost never a good thing. I do not need a Ram truck to drive to do my job and I will not get one. I do not make financial decisions of any significance so I do not waste tax dollars. I do not bully people, I do not plant evidence, I do not take bribes, I do not use escessive force. I don't even write tickets. I go to work everyday and do my job because I enjoy it and I try my best to protect lives and property, help bring perpetrators to justice, and recover property that has been taken. Yes there are negative, even illegal and unjust things that go on in Law Enforcement but it is the minority. Whatever your issues with Law Enforcement are please do not assume they apply to all of us.
Now that is a comment I can respect. Thank you for your taking the time to clarify what you meant. I too have jobs to do I don't like doing but are necessary to make things run properly and I don't bash the majority for it. It is abuse in general that sets me off, be it money, power, etc.- it goes hand in hand. I appreciate your calm collective attitude in this your last comment. I will end saying I respect your comments/opinions and I know that there is good and bad in everything. You are a good officer, one I wouldn't mind supporting btw, if you are what you say you are- honest, etc... I commend you for that and anyone else who does what is right and not abuse their authority and waste our tax dollars, blah blah. I support you in that- ALL cops on every level who are like what you mentioned I will back you 100%. But it is obvious, and you know what I'm saying is true, that the authority does get abused (as you acknowledged in your reply). There is no 100% perfect cop just like there is no 100% perfect citizens either. I totally get what you are saying and enjoyed the opportunity to get a good comment back instead of ruffled feathers and name calling etc... We are all adults and I think we can act like it no matter how passionate we are about our jobs, money, religion, etc. Glad to have had the opportunity to get some clarification out of this thread. I wish more cops would be as transparent as you were in your last comment above. I respect that!!!

I don't want to see you guys, my neighbors, etc... getting killed but neither do I want to see cops (specifically in this case- state and local) driving around in that truck. I am glad we had this out, sir. I didn't want to go there (I held off quite a bit 2 times previous).... Glad that is over and you guys enjoy your thread!!!

I've seen lambo's made into cruisers. I can't blame you guy's for wanting one. I too have my list of dream cars...lol... Its all good and hope you who are doing right stay safe and don't forget, we (the citizens) are the ones you are sworn to serve and protect!!! (I so badly wanted to throw in there "and not government agenda's" but I won't, don't wanna be called anti-government again... Gun shy now...lol Kind of like being labeled a threat). Nope just an informed citizen is all. Blessings and no doughnuts guy's, your still on duty....(sorry for the stereotypical thing again- but this one is funny and you guy's laugh too, I think??? ).

Have a nice day- BYE
Old 07-08-2012, 09:48 PM

Awesome! I'm glad we came to understand each other. I do apologize for my first long post, especially the tone and some of the wording. My feathers were a little ruffled but that's no excuse. I guess it's easy for me to get defensive because of all the times that I have gotten into it with the others that I mentioned. The vast majority of the time they cannot be convinced of my point, that the bad officers are the minority and not representative of the rest of us, no matter how much arguing we do. I'm glad that wasn't the case this time. As you said, I readily admit that there are some badge-heavy jerks out there. There are some corrupt cops as well. And there are even some idiots that just don't have enough intelligence to be officers but made it through the hiring process somehow (they usually weed themselves out fairly quickly though). And when one of these screw up somehow or get caught it usually reflects equally on all of us, fair or not.

And just so you know, the one stereotype I don't mind is the doughnut thing. I prefer the white powdered ones. I can eat them on duty now because I don't have to wear that blue uniform anymore...perks of being a detective!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Awesome! I'm glad we came to understand each other. I do apologize for my first long post, especially the tone and some of the wording. My feathers were a little ruffled but that's no excuse. I guess it's easy for me to get defensive because of all the times that I have gotten into it with the others that I mentioned. The vast majority of the time they cannot be convinced of my point, that the bad officers are the minority and not representative of the rest of us, no matter how much arguing we do. I'm glad that wasn't the case this time. As you said, I readily admit that there are some badge-heavy jerks out there. There are some corrupt cops as well. And there are even some idiots that just don't have enough intelligence to be officers but made it through the hiring process somehow (they usually weed themselves out fairly quickly though). And when one of these screw up somehow or get caught it usually reflects equally on all of us, fair or not.

And just so you know, the one stereotype I don't mind is the doughnut thing. I prefer the white powdered ones. I can eat them on duty now because I don't have to wear that blue uniform anymore...perks of being a detective!
Cool! Glad too... I'll friend request ya. I don't hate you guys. Your human too... But yah it does reflect badly on everyone. Ive been done the same way b4. All is well. Your alright bro, pardon me, I mean- Detective!
I love those white powdered ones too, lol!!!

I am educated enough to be able to carry on a discussion and though we not see eye to eye we still walk away with our heads held high and no one's feelings were hurt. I don't have a chip on my shoulder like some people who can't reason things out using the brains God gave them, and have a little common courtesy. Of course not everyone are professionals who deal with problems/people every day and have to leave everything on the table when they go home. I understand that as well...

So do detectives get the opportunity to drive what you want or do they just issue you your vehicle and that is it?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 AM

I'm sure it varies by agency. It wouldn't surprise me to know that some of the bigger agencies have fleets that aren't assigned so that certain officers can just sign out whatever they want from whatever is available. We don't have anything like that at our agency though. Our marked Patrol cars are not take-home and are shared, meaning that unless one of the assigned drivers misses a shift for some reason the car is operated basically 24/7. The only people that have take-home vehicles are the top three supervisors (Chief and two Captains) and the Detectives. This is primarily because we are all subject to be called out from home if something bad happens. Having a take home vehicle is very nice but they are also pretty strict about them. No non-city employee is allowed to ride in them and they are only to be used for official city business....no trips to Walmart on Saturday, lol. My division gets a little input as to what we purchase when a vehicle is needed but the ultimate decision isn't ours to make. I currently drive a Ford Edge and love it for what I do. I know, it's not a Dodge but it has plenty of room for all my gear plus several people, and handles good for an SUV, has plenty of get up and go, and still gets respectable MPG. Absolutely everything I need to respond to a crime scene or even an incident in progress is in there, packaged nice and neatly by yours truly, Mr. OCD.

I could see my agency showing a need for ONE of these Dodge trucks. We do occasionally need to pull or haul equipment or property. The truck we use now is a sad Ford F150 V6. It is not used for any kind of Law Enforcement duties. It would be nice to have a vehicle that could handle both roles but like I said, we don't need a fleet of them or anything. I could also see it being used by some of the specialized units that I sometimes work with. A have a friend who is an SBI Arson Investigator and she has to have a vehicle with a bed. They install slideout boxes in the bed and a camper shell to safely store all of her equipment and tools. Her agency recently replaced her aging F150 with a Chevrolet though, lol.

Oh yeah, one last thing....my Edge is a base model. It's got everything I would want, power windows, A/C, etc. but no leather, no sunroof, no fancy wheels, no foglights, etc. No wasting tax dollars there!!

Last edited by starquestbd22; 07-09-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2012
Rep:13
pogster is on a distinguished road

Good to see Ram getting into that market. Around here there are several police pickups on the road being used as patrol cars so why not in a Ram. As for the wheels its just a utility vehicle so they are good enough and as such don't bother me at all.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned - Unauthorized Commercial Sales

sanddperformance is on a distinguished road

we have a local department that has a 06 3500 they run radar with it