DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough
Default They're Always Shocked I Work At GM

Brought my ram in to the dealer for a bit of warranty on a seat trim panel that wouldn't stay clipped in. The shuttle driver asked me if I need a ride to work. I tell him no that's fine I work at CMP. He looks puzzled and says isn't that the chev dealership up the road? I say yea it is I'll just walk. He looks over at my truck in the service drive thru and says but you drive a dodge? I nod. He just goes huh ok and walks off. I get this reaction a lot lol. Why are people so shocked I'm into dodges but work for chevy? It's just a job, not a passion... Trust me I got some flak at work for not buying a chev but I hate the GM junk trucks and dodge was the better bang for the buck. Anyone else work at a dealer other than dodge?

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i don't work for a dealership, but i can guess at what the say at your job.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I have been at my Dodge Dealership when everyone arrives for work, i like to be the first one on the service line

All of them park on a vacant parking lot, hardly any of them have a Chrysler product
they buy the best cheapest vehicles that are brought in for trade ins
At first i was surprised, then i figured that i would likely do the same thing

I am an person that likes Ford cars that are pre 1960s & older
also a Chevy guy that likes pre 1970s trucks
i can take or leave most Chryslers, my Ram is the first new vehicle that i have owned & i am not disappointed
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 07-19-2012, 02:11 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Rcsb
Trim Level: SLT 4x4 3.92
Color: PDM Metallic Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
RcsbHemi is on a distinguished road

Thats funny, reminds me when i used to work for Dodge but i drove a Gmc Yukon. I was the only tech that didnt drive a Dodge, everyone even receptionists and the lot attendants owned one. Eventually I did buy my Ram, but i remember the odd looks and questions i would get because i drove a GM.

Mods: Magnaflow DOD14(resonator removed) line-x, tint, silverstars, tonno pro trifold tonneau, LED Licence plate and reverse bulbs, 2- 27w led fog lights behind grille. more to come........
Old 07-19-2012, 02:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Yea at my dealership the only people that actually seem to drive newer gms is the salespeople. The service techs drive a wide veriety of cars from JDM to economy cars to all makes of 4x4s. But when I rolled up in my brand new ram I dropped a couple salesmen jaws. The sales manager told me we are "friends off" lol. The funny part is it was one of the salesgirls that actually hooked me up with the deal I got on my truck. Her daughters godfather is the manager of the dodge dealer I bought it from and he was quite happy to take the sale from the other dodge dealer I had been to and to take the sale away from chevy. I'm not overly manufacture biased. I have a chev show truck in the driveway, and have owned my share of other makes. Just a preference to dodges. But when it comes to nostalgic muscle cars I'm certainly not picky.

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-20-2012, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Quad Cab 4 x 4
Trim Level: SLT Outdoorsman
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
CanuckHRAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryRam View Post
Brought my ram in to the dealer for a bit of warranty on a seat trim panel that wouldn't stay clipped in. The shuttle driver asked me if I need a ride to work. I tell him no that's fine I work at CMP. He looks puzzled and says isn't that the chev dealership up the road? I say yea it is I'll just walk. He looks over at my truck in the service drive thru and says but you drive a dodge? I nod. He just goes huh ok and walks off. I get this reaction a lot lol. Why are people so shocked I'm into dodges but work for chevy? It's just a job, not a passion... Trust me I got some flak at work for not buying a chev but I hate the GM junk trucks and dodge was the better bang for the buck. Anyone else work at a dealer other than dodge?
Hi CherryRam,

My son works at Shaganappi as a Master Mechanic and his GF is a Service Writer - both pretty much GM addicts. My son has a loaded RS/SS Camaro but still drools at the style of the Challenger. They also have a hard time understanding my Dodge Truck loyalty as I've been driving Dodge's for over 20 years. GM is way overdue for a major update on their Truck line and it will be interesting to see what they bring out. When it comes to classic Muscle Cars I also appreciate what all the manufacturer's had to offer and I currently own a restored '69 RAIII GTO. GM did build some awesome musclecars back in the day as did the other manufacturers.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

That's cool! I personally find new GM trucks to be ugly and cheap looking, they don't come with as nice of a look inside or out as a dodge. The options aren't as good. Little things bug me. GM's don't have a handle on the pillar for getting in and out, I'm short this is annoying lol. The front power windows don't have an auto up option like dodges do. GM's "higher models" have "woodgrain" interior, it's usually scratched up before it leaves the lot. They all come with standard exhaust. I love my ram's sport exhaust. Chevy has low frame rails with a whole bunch of vital parts that hang even lower. I could keep going haha. At the end of the day I do have a chevy s10 show truck I've built. Do I call it a cheap p.o.s pretty regularly though, yes I do... I still lean towards mopars even in the muscle car world but nothing like a 69' camaro SS to say bad ass. But when my Ram is paid off in a couple years I have full intention of getting a nice SRT8 challenger to park next to it

03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

By the way what's your son's name?

03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-20-2012, 10:51 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I bought my 09 Ram used from a Ford dealer I was working at. I like the F150 but only the new 5.0 and ecoboost FX2's and FX4's which were too much money. Maybe a Raptor if it got better gas mileage. I don't like the wheel well openings on the GM's they are too horse shoe shaped. I liked the dodges cause I could get a hemi with a nice big wheel well opening and a couple came in with center console shifters and I found one that was cheap so I bought it. I really wanted a sport more than a big horn or lonestar but none came in at the right price.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I waited for a decent ram to come in on our used lot. But they're a bunch of thieves at my dealership. Asking new price for a truck with 20'000k I figured to heck with it if I'm going to pay that price I'm going to have new. And then I ended up getting a super deal anyways from dodge. My sale manager laughs and says oh they give it to you cheap cause they'll get you in repairs later... I said yea that's why our service department is always swamped with huge repairs and theirs is nothing but lube and tire jobs right? One day I'll make him admit my truck is nice lol

03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750