DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 R/T, 2000 Ram Off Road
Trim Level: R/T / Larmie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
frickenbored will become famous soon enough

Ha, I work at a chrysler dealership, but for the longest time I was a true Chevy man. Never owned anything other than a bowtie or GMC and I always said that I'd always drive a GM product. Only reason I took the job at the chrysler dealer was because at the time they were the only ones hiring. Two years in and I'm still a diehard chevy guy but I do like a lot of what chrysler has do offer. I think out of the three the ram is the best looking truck. Now I even own a RAM. Everyone I work with was shocked when I bought it. My toolbox is still plastered with chevy bowties and chevy militia stickers. And I'm still looking at leasing a 2012 chevy camaro ss (god i love that car!)

Once a chevy man always a chevy man...but mopar is good too

**cough**ford sucks**cough**

Old 07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Is a sloppy perfectionist

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1694
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

So is it fair to say that you work at GM...they pay you...you buy a Dodge with the GM money.. sooo....GM SUPPORTS RAM TRUCKS!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:72
CherryRam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
So is it fair to say that you work at GM...they pay you...you buy a Dodge with the GM money.. sooo....GM SUPPORTS RAM TRUCKS!
Exactly!! Haha!!

The ram trucks are totally the best looking of the bunch. Though I like toyota tundras as well and came rather close to buying one (shhhhh don't tell anyone) lol.

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~K&N Intake~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Power Tailgate Lock Mod~Cabin Air Filter Mod~Tow Hook Mod~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-22-2012, 03:41 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Rep:249
2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about

do you work in the garage at chev? if so I would call that job security LOL glad to see someone can seperate a where they work and what they drive. With employee discount being offered to every buyer is there any insentive to drive the brand of vehicle that you work for?

Mods : 20x9 fuel Kranks, S&B CAI, 20% tint, Ram rubber mud flaps, Lumens 35w 6000k canbus low beams, tri fold tonneau, led plate & cargo lights, custom led bed lighting
Old 07-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I work in the bodyshop at the dealer. The sad part is the "employee discount" only seems to apply to average joe off the street. Employees have to grovel to get a decent discount. I got better than employee discount on my ram, chev couldn't do that for me even if I wanted one haha.

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~K&N Intake~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Power Tailgate Lock Mod~Cabin Air Filter Mod~Tow Hook Mod~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Is a sloppy perfectionist

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1694
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryRam View Post
I work in the bodyshop at the dealer. The sad part is the "employee discount" only seems to apply to average joe off the street. Employees have to grovel to get a decent discount. I got better than employee discount on my ram, chev couldn't do that for me even if I wanted one haha.
Well see...there ya go. If there's ever a problem at work just tell 'em you drive a Chevy. But your body shop does such magnificent work it just looks like a Dodge...
Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Rep:10
goingcrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
I bought my 09 Ram used from a Ford dealer I was working at. I like the F150 but only the new 5.0 and ecoboost FX2's and FX4's which were too much money. Maybe a Raptor if it got better gas mileage. I don't like the wheel well openings on the GM's they are too horse shoe shaped. I liked the dodges cause I could get a hemi with a nice big wheel well opening and a couple came in with center console shifters and I found one that was cheap so I bought it. I really wanted a sport more than a big horn or lonestar but none came in at the right price.

Same here. I was looking at a nice FX4 but the sticker was way too much. I can't stand the wheel openings on the newer GM trucks so I traded my 07 Mustang GT and 05 GMC z71 for the Ram sport. Price was in line with the FX4 I was looking at but the power of the hemi seemed stronger and the aggressive appearance won me over.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
Mate2011RT will become famous soon enough

I've always been a GM guy; Gave up my Silverado for my R/T, and it was hard to let her go, but this Ram is way more than GM was bringing to the party.
To me it got away from branding and more toward value, and Dodge is offering more than GM at the moment for what I'm looking for. Not in quality necessarily (have a lot of miles to judge that, and a very high benchmark from my Chevy) but in bang for the buck, oh hell yeah.
Doesn't hurt that I always wanted a Hemi, elephant or not, I'll take a 345-baby-Hemi-of-my-own.
Although if the tuner issue does not pan out in Oct/Nov like is rumored or something else roll over to give some measure of personal control, I can't say I would be a repeat buyer. I love my R/T, but I love tinkering. Seems like Chrysler might not want folks like me to stick around.
And I damn sure would not put a Challenger in the driveway if I could not tune her!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
Well see...there ya go. If there's ever a problem at work just tell 'em you drive a Chevy. But your body shop does such magnificent work it just looks like a Dodge...
Good point! Haha we'll see if they buy it :P

03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate2011RT View Post
I've always been a GM guy; Gave up my Silverado for my R/T, and it was hard to let her go, but this Ram is way more than GM was bringing to the party.
To me it got away from branding and more toward value, and Dodge is offering more than GM at the moment for what I'm looking for. Not in quality necessarily (have a lot of miles to judge that, and a very high benchmark from my Chevy) but in bang for the buck, oh hell yeah.
Doesn't hurt that I always wanted a Hemi, elephant or not, I'll take a 345-baby-Hemi-of-my-own.
Although if the tuner issue does not pan out in Oct/Nov like is rumored or something else roll over to give some measure of personal control, I can't say I would be a repeat buyer. I love my R/T, but I love tinkering. Seems like Chrysler might not want folks like me to stick around.
And I damn sure would not put a Challenger in the driveway if I could not tune her!
Yea I sure hope this tuning issue gets sorted soon. I like being able to make my own adjustments.

03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750