DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1996 dodge ram
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
kn1ght is on a distinguished road
Default Wife and I split up...

Here it is guys. Over the past few months my wife and I had been fighting quite a bit, over little things. Anyway, we finally did the papers on it. Now here is my issue, I do still care for her. And part of me wants to try to talk to her, try to save something. But at the same time I'm so mad that anytime I do talk to her It's nothing but anger. I have decided to try my best here to get past her, and cut her out of my life. My big question is, how? I've never done this before, she was my first girlfriend, first everything... I feel like I'm falling apart here. Anyone with a little experience or just helpful words, feel free to throw them out there. Thank you.
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

That sucks man. Sorry to hear it, but this is a decision you need to sort out for yourself friend. I have found that getting involved in someone elses love life is best left to the pros. (marriage counselor) I am married to wife number 3 and it has been 18 years together. I would not trade her for anything. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3916
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Never make decisions in anger, you might regret it later. Been married twice so I know. You have to draw the line somewhere and stay true to yourself. If you don't/can't work through the issues then don't stay together to the point of hating each other. If you think with outside help you can work things out, do it. I get the underlying tone from your post you really want it to work.

My parting thought is if you do part ways, will you be able to look yourself in the mirror and know in your heart you did all you could to save it before giving up? Living with regret or doubts isn't fun.

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:56 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
Never make decisions in anger, you might regret it later. Been married twice so I know. You have to draw the line somewhere and stay true to yourself. If you don't/can't work through the issues then don't stay together to the point of hating each other. If you think with outside help you can work things out, do it. I get the underlying tone from your post you really want it to work.

My parting thought is if you do part ways, will you be able to look yourself in the mirror and know in your heart you did all you could to save it before giving up? Living with regret or doubts isn't fun.
Now, who gave up on you? Lemmie at 'im

Kidding, but seriously Stacy is right, Do all you can, and when you feel there is nothing else you can do, you have to move on.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

If you want to stay with her(if you care about her) seek counseling.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:178
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about

Only advice I can give you is if you don't have any kids, make sure you won't have any. Just saying she has you over and your emotions take over. If you end up getting her pregnant she will have a hold on your wallet for the next 20 some years, and you still may not end up with her. If you are serious about it being done, then just go your way and avoid being around her. It is hard but in the long run it is cheaper.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

You're 20 years old and currently married to your first true love? I love to hear those stories that work out, but honestly, the odds were against you from the start.

I strongly agree that it's best to decide together -with or without council- if you're both willing to make the effort and compromises WHILE you can still be civil. If you both agree that it just isn't working out and can part ways amicably, that would be a good thing.

But as the first response said: This is really a matter for your two heads and hearts

Sorry to hear about anyone going through this - it sucks not matter how you look at it You Will get through and recover either way though!

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 07-23-2012, 04:24 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:16
Nightwalker is on a distinguished road

It takes two to work it out try whatever possible(communication most important)you can but if she's not willing to open up then it's a loss.try in open her up(talk) try something new different do stuff or something out the ordinary you would do,if you can't to work it out.
Little things can lead to big.
I'm very sorry to hear your issue been through it before,remember we all change most important to marriage is to change Together otherwise it will come back the relationship to be bad for both. Again I'm sorry to hear you troubles.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Is a sloppy perfectionist

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1694
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post

^^ Einstein's definition of insanity ^^ (http://www.scribd.com/doc/13298995/A...on-of-Insanity)

There are help groups out there, individual and group counseling to give you a better understanding of what you're feeling and how to deal with those feelings.

I recently went through a divorce and am still in a custody battle so I can empathize with you to a certain extent.

I'd like to offer advise but the only thing that comes to mind is DO NOT rebound and settle for someone that will take your mind off what you're going through because that just complicates things. I've seen friends go as far as trying to appease Miss. Wrong just not to experience the feelings of dispair and abandonment...never ends well.

Check (I know this sounds overboard) with something like suicide hotline and they can direct you to someone that can help you more specific to your issue, and set a time frame to not get involved in a rebound. Check the resources in your local community and suggest couples counseling. As the all wise and knowing BlueJet said, it does sound like you want it to work, but it's not going to work on it's own. A professional can give you direction.

And now the real me...If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it was yours. If it doesn't...hunt it down and kill it.

THAT WAS JUST A JOKE AND IN NO WAY INTENDED TO BE OFFERED AS ADVISE. IT IN NO WAY WAS INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY NOR WAS IT ENDORSED IN ANY WAY BY RAMFORUMZ IT'S MEMBERS OR ADMINISTRATORS.

Last edited by Warlock III; 07-23-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Intense Blue Pearl
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:37
Pyroboy5000 is on a distinguished road

i agree with blue jet. try to work things out, cause if you dont you might never be able to go back and try again. give it all youve got, cause if you dont you might regret it forever.