DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.9L V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1995 2500 5.9ltr cummins
Engine: 1994-1995 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 175hp 420lb/ft(manual), 160hp 400lb/ft(auto)
Rep:10
Greensystemsgo is on a distinguished road
Default no turn/brake/hazard/driving lights, also other misc questions

howdy!

new to forums, most of my history is in offroad toyotas and older volkswagens, so now that my gf's truck is having issue, its time to get my learn on.

1995 cummins 2500, one day turned on the hazzards, sense then no lights. have replaced both relays in cab fuse block, and checked/replaced fuses. still nothing. im suspecting damaged bulbs, but more then one to stop all of this? trucks lived most of its life in montana so its a little rusty, trailer hookup was corroded, unplugged trailer harness, and problem still persists.

also, i need to find a rear bumper as a 5th wheel was dropped on it. what years will fit? trim isnot so important to me as much as a function, one piece bumper. also, whats a good price for local junk yards?

ill have some questions too here soon about a tailgate not fitting properly, the po didnt have one on the truck, picked one up at a junkyard and the latched appear to be different. what years should i look for to fit this 95?
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 1500/1982 D150
Trim Level: Base
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:21
ramfam is on a distinguished road

Check relays under hood, bulbs and sockets. As for bumper 94 to 01 1500 and 94 to02 2500 & 3500 should fit. There are 2 different tail gates 94 to 97 should work 98 to 01 1500 changed hinges and latches. By the way that was a mid year change and epends on if truck was built in mexico or st. Louis. I think because its a 25oo it might be a st. Louis truck. Look a lmc.com to find all info on vin number and dates of change.

Last edited by ramfam; 07-23-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: add info