DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Knowledge Base

Notices

Dodge Ram Knowledge Base Here you can find owner submitted how-to's for performing various mods to your Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
HemiSam is on a distinguished road

Has anyone removed the interior plastic door liner behind the first one once they had the window out? I need access to the metal door skin to line it with some sound deadening material for a sound system. Removing the exterior door panel I've done and is easy. The interior looks to be held in by some plastic clips on the lower part and I released those. I figure if the window is out, it won't be too hard to remove once the window is out but I've yet to do it.

Thanks.

HemiSam
Old 07-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I managed to pull out the window without having to remove the outer felt belt or the mirror. I found that to remove the inner plastic liner, I would have had to disconnect the rods from the door handle to the locking mechanism. Pulling them out isn't bad but I ruin the small plastic clips/holders that secure them so I worked around it and managed to get my sound deadening project done. A bit of work but that's what Sundays are for...

Thanks for a great thread. You definitely made it easier for me with the how-to remove the glass.

HemiSam
Old 07-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

How did you unclip the black panel from the metal door? I couldn't figure out how to get mine loose(after removing the bolts). This is on the rear door. Someone said I need to un clip the window by removing the speaker and the access panel.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
How did you unclip the black panel from the metal door? I couldn't figure out how to get mine loose(after removing the bolts). This is on the rear door. Someone said I need to un clip the window by removing the speaker and the access panel.
There are a few steps. You saw all the 10mm bolts..that's the easy part. You have to unclip the window through the two points described by the op in this thread, and I'd removed the inner felt liner to allow me to pull the window out....no need to remove the outer one or the rear view mirror IMO.

There's a few points (top and bottom) where the black panel has a nipple that locks into the door and you have to get those released. I then unscrewed the locking mechanism on the side of the door that has three torx bits. That allowed me to get in there sufficiently to unclip the wiring harness at the locking mechanism using a screw driver. With that I was able to all but remove the panel, and get it out of the way enough to do the work. It's a bit of a PITA but the next time I do the other side, it'll go much faster.

HemiSam
Old 12-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 10 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brown
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Structures Guy is on a distinguished road

Great post. I know this is an older one too. My door lock failed and they wanted just too much at the dealer. A mechanic friend suggested I lower the window once all the hardware was unscrewed. I did and was able to get my hands and super long screwdrivers into the door to remove the lock.
Your photos will surely help the next guy. I searched and searched and didn't find anything until after I did the lock.
Good job.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
izzy is on a distinguished road

he felt weatherstrips on my 2 front doors are flipped downward and they make a screeching noise sounds like nails on a chalkboard, every time i roll the window down and up again ive tried every kind of screw driver/butter knife to try to flip them back up but i guess im gonna have to take off the door panel and flip them with my hand..wish me luck
Old 07-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:147
topsub will become famous soon enoughtopsub will become famous soon enough

I am working on my rear door and can't tell how to uncle thr window as you can't see the Clip on one side, the access panel isn't right in front of the rear plastic piece