DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Ram R/T

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:123
UNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enough
Default New guy...couple of questions.

Picking up a silver 2012 R/T this week and I'm trying to order a few things for it.
First...gonna get a Blendmount for my Passport 9500ix...but since I don't have the truck yet I don't know what mirror is has. Auto dimming or manual?

Second....it looks like the Ground Force 2/4 drop kit is the way to go after reading around on here...does that still hold true?

I'll be putting on Hellwig sway bars front and rear with the drop as well as the Spohn adjustable panhard bar and some real shocks. Not sure on those yet...but something adjustable for sure.

Wheels will be 22x10 forged C3's with Pirelli P-Zero Asimetrico 305/35/22's

Brakes will be upgraded immediately to SSBC since they already take care of me from a previous truck.

I'm moving the stereo system from my old truck to this one...gonna use the OEM head unit this time but it'll feed a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 for processing via laptop. Front stage will be Focal KRX3 run on an Audio System X-Ion 70.6. The sub will be a JL 12W6v2 run on an Audio System X-Ion 280.2
It should sound just fine after I get it taken care of.

Just to show I'm serious...here's my old truck. Well...it's still in the garage but I hope it'll be gone in the next week or so.
It's a 2004 F250 with a twin turbo 5.9 Cummins in it...makes just over 900 HP at the wheels. Which reminds me...someone better crack these Dodge ECM's pretty quick cause this new truck will need turbos or a supercharger pretty damn fast. LOL
I'm one of the founding members and a Lead Mod at competition diesel .com so a stock motor isn't really an option.
Old pic from one of several magazine shoots.

A newer pic but still not what it looks like today...I change stuff fast.

OK enough babbling...can anyone answer the first questions? I'd greatly appreciate it.
Nice place BTW....I looked at several Ram boards before I joined one...this one looked like the most informative.

Oh yea....things I don't like. I hate the hood that comes on this truck. If anyone is in the Houston area and wants to swap for a perfect silver regular hood let me know. It's high on my list of things to change.
Also...I hate the exhaust so that back bumper has gotta go too...I'll fab up new pipes myself. Again...if anyone is near Houston and wants to swap for a paintable rear bumper without the exhaust cut outs lemme know.

Last edited by UNBROKEN; 08-05-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Red
Rep:13
Nagel86 is on a distinguished road

First off welcome to the forums. That ford F250 is one bad ass truck man. I think the ground force kit is a 2/3, there is a belltech kit which is 2/4. I personally have the bell tech which was a huge improvement in handling and suspension stiffness, but wasn't where i wanted it to be. I bought the hellwig front and rear anti sway bar kit which made a huge difference. I'm not too sure on the mirror, but i would assume it is auto dimming? Let me know which shocks you go with and how they work out, i am interested in a better shock which came with the bell tech lowering kit.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:03 PM

Here's a link to the question I need answered about the mirror.
Do the R/T's have style 1 or style 2 ?

http://store.blendmount.com/blendmou...ram-p1397.aspx
Old 08-05-2012, 10:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
Here's a link to the question I need answered about the mirror.
Do the R/T's have style 1 or style 2 ?

http://store.blendmount.com/blendmou...ram-p1397.aspx
Well the 1 and 2 have no pics but the mirror looks like the one in the first pic on the page and thats going to be a huge power loss from 900 to what the r/t has in it and g/l waiting its been over a year and still nothing but you could always do the pcm swap out. And do you have a link for the sway bars the r/t's come with them but better would not hurt. And i had a 2'' ground force drop on mine but i since took them out and cut the coils in front and back and it ride just as smooth as stock
Old 08-05-2012, 10:51 PM

dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

just looked up the sway bars says they only work with the 2500/3500 diesel
Old 08-05-2012, 11:29 PM

I found the sway bars on this page:
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...tion/to=r.html

On the Blendmount link hover your mouse over the little boxes with "type 1" and "type 2" in them in red letters and the pics will pop up.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 AM

cool thanks and its the type 2
Old 08-06-2012, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 2wd express rcsb
Trim Level: express
Color: black clear coat
Rep:10
jlibert is on a distinguished road

I came over from CompD (same screen name). After having a little over 800 at the wheels on my 04.5 cr, my '12 rcsb is still fun to drive. Even if tuning is released, there aren't nearly the options for off the shelf forced induction as the GM guys have. Same goes for transmission products, and just about everything else -- even lowering kits. 2/3 or 2/4 and that's it. If you're in it for the long haul, proceed with your plans. Otherwise, consider a GM product.

I bought my rcsb express with the intentions of building a 10 sec street truck. If tuning isn't an option soon, it'll get a 12v.

Wheels look absolutely great. Forged is the way to go.

-jp

Last edited by jlibert; 08-06-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:36 PM

I'll give it a year...if no tuning shows up by then so I can get some boost in this thing I'll either look into one of the other big Hemi's as a swap or I'd even consider one of those aluminum CR blocks and cram a diesel in this thing with a 68Rfe behind it.

I'm selling my 250 so I basically plan to build this truck 100% except for the motor within the first month. Wheels, brakes, suspension, audio, body mods, etc. I'm just gonna recycle the money from the 250 straight into this thing.

I've still gotta look at HRE wheels some more but I think these are what I'm gonna run. Plus those I posted are only 840 a wheel vs 1800 a wheel from HRE. lol
Old 08-06-2012, 06:36 PM

I'll give it a year...if no tuning shows up by then so I can get some boost in this thing I'll either look into one of the other big Hemi's as a swap or I'd even consider one of those aluminum CR blocks and cram a diesel in this thing with a 68Rfe behind it.

I'm selling my 250 so I basically plan to build this truck 100% except for the motor within the first month. Wheels, brakes, suspension, audio, body mods, etc. I'm just gonna recycle the money from the 250 straight into this thing.

I've still gotta look at HRE wheels some more but I think these are what I'm gonna run. Plus those I posted are only 840 a wheel vs 1800 a wheel from HRE. lol