DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-27-2012, 03:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad cab
Color: Dark grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Ptypilot is on a distinguished road

I just bought my truck couple weeks back, will be interested in the 24" sound, will appreciate if you post something. Looking also to buy a s&b cool air intake, any advise?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Rep:172
4x4Hemi has a spectacular aura about4x4Hemi has a spectacular aura about

I have a video online of my 22" magnaflow, I'd post it here but I'm on my cell. Just go YouTube and search 2012 ram 1500 with 22 magnaflow, my username is 11megadeth11
Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
Jonzee is on a distinguished road

So I was perusing the threads and found you saying:
"He did a class A job. Welded all the joints. Even cut the left pipe right after the bend before it passes under the trans. He asked me why the factory flattened the top of the pipe there since there's plenty of room. I said I didn't know, but guys on the forum were wondering the same thing. He said that should go and it did. Cost me $120 for his labor. Cutting, bending new pipe, welding."

Wow I was wondering about the "flattened pipe to" So he put in a new pipe and net flattened" Has it interferred in any way now that basically there is less room under the tranny? Was the new pipe instaled at the same height or did he lowere it a bit?

Thanks I'm looking at doing the same thing
Old 08-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F150
Rep:44
thiggins is on a distinguished road

Just got my Magnaflow 12589 (22x5x11 ) installed a few days ago. REALLY like the rumble of it. It's a bit louder than stock, and I like it. Seems to give me better throttle response too, a little quicker to rev. I can't really comment on MPG yet, hard to tell.
I've even pulled the camper with it, and it seems very happy, no drones or weird tones. Sounds awesome.

I don't think I'll be removing any resonators, as that is ill-advised, but I'm still considering the Y-pipe change. The muffler guy I use is excellent, and works on racing stuff. He's not convinced the Y-pipe change is going to do much.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
Just got my Magnaflow 12589 (22x5x11 ) installed a few days ago. REALLY like the rumble of it. It's a bit louder than stock, and I like it. Seems to give me better throttle response too, a little quicker to rev. I can't really comment on MPG yet, hard to tell.
I've even pulled the camper with it, and it seems very happy, no drones or weird tones. Sounds awesome.

I don't think I'll be removing any resonators, as that is ill-advised, but I'm still considering the Y-pipe change. The muffler guy I use is excellent, and works on racing stuff. He's not convinced the Y-pipe change is going to do much.
I have the exact same muffler as you and I deleted the resonators by replacing the stock duals with new 2.5 pipe and 2 new 4x18 tips and I would HIGHLY recommend deleting the resonators to any one running the 22x5x11 maggy You get a deeper tone/rumble and in doing so there is absolutely zero drone added in cab but the exterior volume is definitely increased. It must have something to do with the increased case size of the muffler (5x11 we have vs the 4x9s everyone else seems to run)

My buddy runs a 14 with the resonators still in place on his 2011 and it drones like an SOB and in all honesty its barely louder then mine. The first time he was in my truck his comment was with how loud this thing is when you take off Im shocked at how quite it is in the cab all I could do was grin... So dont be afraid to remove the resonators if ever want a bit more bite.

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps