DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Well the problem with it is im not using the truck to haul stuff and when i sell it i can remove it and sell it and bed will still be brand new. If i wanted to buy a truck to haul shit would not have bought an r/t and i have moved couches and tool boxes and a big screen tv with 0 problems.

Now if i was going to use it like you are then yes by all means linex lol mines more of a show/ zoom zoom truck lol
Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Yeah different purposes. Some like plastic drop ins, some like bedrugs, some like spray ins.

My buddy actually has an RT and he uses it for work, with the family company, hauls a lot of stuff, a lot of chemicals. He's linexed his past three trucks and it holds up really well with the abuse and especially the chemicals. You see a lot of trucks that haul chemicals get destroyed(like pool cleaning company trucks). That's another benefit is it keeps all the harsh chemicals off the paint for the most part.

My buddy and I still both take care of our trucks just have to use the bed as well. Good thing is in 5-10 years after all the use you can pressure wash the linex and spray cleaner/conditioner on it and it looks pretty much like brand new.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Yeah different purposes. Some like plastic drop ins, some like bedrugs, some like spray ins.

My buddy actually has an RT and he uses it for work, with the family company, hauls a lot of stuff, a lot of chemicals. He's linexed his past three trucks and it holds up really well with the abuse and especially the chemicals. You see a lot of trucks that haul chemicals get destroyed(like pool cleaning company trucks). That's another benefit is it keeps all the harsh chemicals off the paint for the most part.

My buddy and I still both take care of our trucks just have to use the bed as well. Good thing is in 5-10 years after all the use you can pressure wash the linex and spray cleaner/conditioner on it and it looks pretty much like brand new.
omg i dont know how any one can like those plastic drop in they are horrible lol
Old 08-20-2012, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Cool you can getting a kind resolution done. Did you have it done over the rails?

Old 08-20-2012, 01:53 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^No since I'm a 4th gen I have the factory plastic bed rail caps. They can't spray over them and if you remove them the bed rails are full of holes and aren't flat, it would look horrible. So I just did under the rail and kept the factory rail caps. I'm not crazy about them but they are alright, I would rather have a "regular" bed and spray over the rail but oh well...

Yeah this guy is probably the best guy I've ever dealt with for any type of service/work. Already set up another job I'm going to have my motorcycle ramps sprayed.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Ahh that make sense about the bed rails. I had my 03 line-x over which was my only mod and loved it.

Nice having positive service experiences with shops that you can revert back for future work.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 08-20-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:420
gotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nice

Yea man its always good to hear about positive experiences like you had. Too many people are in the 'customer service' field that have NO DAMN BUSINESS IN BEING THERE..just saying lol

Anywho yea I hate the caps and wish something could be done about them. Hey if he does end up having to replace the whole thing, how do you get it off? blood sweat and tears??
Old 08-20-2012, 10:58 PM

He said he would just rip out the floor basically. He can tear it out and stop at the seams where the floor meets the sides, and then when he resprays it won't be noticeable that it was redone. The floor is the only part with the problem. The glue seems to be holding though.

I guess they chisel, scrape, and grind the liner off if it needs to come off. He said it would take like 6-8 hours, plus the respray which is like 2 hours. I looked it up and they normally charge like $1,000-$1,500 to remove a liner(say you get a cheap POS liner and then go to linex to have it removed and a new one sprayed in). That doesn't include the cost for the new liner either.....yikes!

Old 01-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Laramie
Trim Level: laramie
Color: blue
Rep:10
lespaul24 is on a distinguished road

Mine faded after 6 months!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:04 PM

They will of course fade as they are not UV resistant. You can get an additional UV resistant coating but cost more and isn't as durable. I just clean mine once a year and spray the protectant on it and it basically looks like brand new.