DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.7 Liter V6

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.7 Liter V6 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 3.7-liter V6 engine - 210 horsepower, 235 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star Edition
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:15
LoneTex is on a distinguished road

Man, yall must hate us! Maybe i should put a hemi in mine and make it a srt-8
Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Just think, 16 more of you guys and you can do a group buy!

lol

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Rep:19
constableal is on a distinguished road

add me to the list of satisfied v6 owners. I drive an 09 hemi equipped charger 40 + hours a week. and believe me, I know firsthand that they chug gasoline. i wouldnt want to see my employers monthly gas bill for a fleet of hemi powered chargers. ouch.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:26 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, Quad Cab
Trim Level: ST with combo packag
Color: white
Rep:136
Dancianne will become famous soon enoughDancianne will become famous soon enough
Default 3.7 vs hemi

I'm wondering if any you hemi boys have ever driven the 3.7?

No, I have not driven a hemi either, but I do have a big harley and a vette, both are much hotter than my 3.7....leave you in my dust maybe?

Don't know if this is true, but I've seen videos on u-tube where the 3.7 beat the hemi in 0-30 mph. What are you guys doing?,...spinning your wheels?

One indisputable fact, I do have a 190 lb. additional load capacity in quad cap configeration over your similiarly equipted hemi.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:34 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancianne View Post
I'm wondering if any you hemi boys have ever driven the 3.7?

No, I have not driven a hemi either, but I do have a big harley and a vette, both are much hotter than my 3.7....leave you in my dust maybe?

Don't know if this is true, but I've seen videos on u-tube where the 3.7 beat the hemi in 0-30 mph. What are you guys doing?,...spinning your wheels?

One indisputable fact, I do have a 190 lb. additional load capacity in quad cap configeration over your similiarly equipted hemi.
Yes, my wife has a 3.7 Liberty. She wants me to figure out how to put a hemi in it (or at least a 4.7).

What year/engine 'vette?

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition (Mods list in profile)
2006 Charger R/T
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Old 08-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram
Trim Level: sxt
Rep:10
08whitey is on a distinguished road

why do people wit hemis gotta come on here and talk down? who cares what motor you have in your truck. I guarantee that 90% of the people wit hemis on this site don't tow/work that motor like its intended for. it's like a dude wit size 7 feet wearin a size 12 shoe. little **** complex. I've owned both and u know what I like my little v-6 it does exactly what I need it to do.. start up, run, and get me to school and work on time wit all my tools... f the haters.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:01 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

haha there's nothing wrong with a v6, just depends what your purpose is. To most people, the v6 is too slow and weak for the big truck. For those who don't care about speed, and want a vehicle that gets them from A to B then it's more than adequate.

My wife has a chevy aveo with less than 100 hp 4 cylinder, and it is SO slow. I hate driving it, but she's fine with it, it gets her to work, groceries, etc. and that's all she cares about. One thing I do like is that after driving it my 4.7L feels like a rocket LOL

Old 08-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star Edition
Rep:15
LoneTex is on a distinguished road

I give Snrusak props for always posting on the 3.7 forum. Anyways if i run my 3.7 good, i can go quick. Its all bout the power band. Plus i got the 5-speed. I always hear auto 3.7s just screamin tryin to take off at 3-4 grand. Me? Im at 2-2500 just keepin up with everybone else! Passing ppl on the highway too
Old 08-26-2012, 07:18 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, Quad Cab
Trim Level: ST with combo packag
Rep:136
Dancianne will become famous soon enoughDancianne will become famous soon enough
Default What fascination about the hemi?

OK you hemi boys,...tell me what's behind the REAL fascination that gets so many of you all excited?

Is it the rush you get from acceleration?
In town, all that means is you get from one red light to the next one quicker so you can sit there longer. And less mpg too.
Or speed? On many interstates, 80 or more mph puts in an order for the flashing blue light special.

Might it even be the pride you feel seeing that hemi badge on your quarter-panel?....I might even understand that one more.
Another possibility,.....is it admiring your dual exhaust tips?
No I don't know what exhaust system a factory hemi comes with, but if it splits into two pipes behind a single muffler, seems cosmetic to me.

Passing speed on a 2-lane might be a legitimate reason, but here in SC, I've not seen many opportunities or the need to.

Macho image?,...I certainly don't want that! It's a guy thing.

Crawling out on a limb maybe,....but could it be journalist put-downs on the 3.7? Or advice from your buds (goes back to macho).

And finally, let me just say that for us 3.7 owners, I personally have not encountered a single incident to date where that hemi power was TRULY needed. I will close with this: If it takes a hemi to please you, for what ever your reasons, then it's probably worth it to you.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:59 AM

For most people they like the power to accelerate fast, pretty much as simple as that. And for some of us there is never enough power lol. For some it's needed for towing, etc.

For most people, realistically, they don't need the power, just like it. The v6 will do the job just fine other than heavy towing.