DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Buy - Sell - Trade > Dodge Ram Parts and Accessories for Sale - Trade - Want To Buy!

Notices

Dodge Ram Parts and Accessories for Sale - Trade - Want To Buy! Post your Dodge Ram Parts and Accessories for sale in this forum. No Vendor Sales.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-22-2012, 01:15 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I'd love to buy these, but don't think I have the funds currently. These are the same 20" wheels that come on the express, yes? I was set on having 17" wheels but can't find any I REALLY like. Do you know the weight of these wheels and tires? What sort of new wheels/tires are you looking for?
Yes these are the Polished Aluminum rims you find on the Express, pretty much IMO the best rims you can get stock on the Rams aside from the R/Ts and even then they come close. Just these have the upgrade from the Lone Star edition and come with the chrome clad plastic covers. Which are in perfect condition. Kept them just in case we get by the off chance some snow and they lay salt down again, helps protect the rims, not to mention going to Illinois where some of the back roads are oil with a gravel layer over the top.

Weight wise they are 15-18 pounds heavier depending on which google post you are reading. Saw some say 15, some say 16, and a couple say 18. Which is NOT a big difference causing you to loose performance. Remove the spare tire and you will have well made up that weight gain. Or heck go jogging and loose a couple pounds .

33 inches is the tread diameter. They have amazing grip as I told them to upgrade the silly firestones they had on there from the dealer. Which won't cause much of a performance loss but compared to the stock 31.7 inch diameter treads that come stock on the 17s, it is a bit taller. Of course you can always sell the treads second hand and buy a shorter size. I know there are 30.5s you can get for these rims that are a nice street tire? I think the 20s would look better on your setup any how. I might be just trying to sell them though

I am currently looking for Boss 338 rims. Once I have these sold I am getting some 22s with the gloss black inserts and the chrome lips to go with my theme.

Last edited by Jchaney579; 08-22-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I didn't realize the diameter was larger, that wouldn't be in my best interest. I don't really have the cash to buy them right now, was going to see if you'd at all be interested in a trade. If not no worries, I think you're looking for something a different style than what I have.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I didn't realize the diameter was larger, that wouldn't be in my best interest. I don't really have the cash to buy them right now, was going to see if you'd at all be interested in a trade. If not no worries, I think you're looking for something a different style than what I have.
No big deal man :P Yep these tires from the factory are ridiculously huge for NO apparent reason. Not to mention my truck is one of I think 1000 ever made with the lower 3.55 gears and 20 inch rims with 33 inch tires... It was mandatory they run the smaller 17s with the 31.5s. To have the 20s they were supposed to come equiped with 3.92s and LSD. To bad my dealer upgraded them on the lot before I bought it...
Old 08-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Banned

Bump!!!.........