DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:12
ZEROxRAPTORx is on a distinguished road
Default Lookin to start a wish list.

I want to start a wish list that i can do to my 98 ram 5.2. i already am looking for shock absorbers since the existing to shot out and some projector head lights. im leaving the tail lights alone cause i like the ram template on it and i definitely want to do a real exhaust kit no glass packs and some stuff to the engine, idk when ill actually start the mods but i'd like some insight of what i can do.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Extended Cab
Color: Forest Green
Rep:10
Jolly.Green.Ram is on a distinguished road

I am doing the same thing. I had an accident a few months ago, so I am replacing some things. I am starting with the front (point of impact) by replacing the bumper to the sport with a small bull bar. Adding projector lights. Also, adding an LED third brake light. Moving to the inside, I am going to add a blue LED dome light, white LED map lights. Engine compartment will be cleaned, adding some headers to a full magnaflow exhaust, and maybe, just maybe (depending on bank roll, will get a 6" lift. I have the 2wd and have only seen one kit for it. I am sure the list will change dramatically over the build.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Pearl Emerald Green
Rep:13
Ramboi92 is on a distinguished road

I have a '95 Ram 1500 with the 5.2L and a 5 speed manual. Beginning with a front end wreck in the winter, I went to LMC Truck and picked up their billet chrome bumper with the set of driving lights and fog lights. For about $650 I was able to get it to my doorstep. Since then, I've bought Black projector headlights, black LED tail lights, and a smoked third brake light. After that I put in a Pioneer deck with Kenwood 6x9 door speakers with their own custom equalizers placed on each speaker and tweeters up top. Then I bought a Flowmaster American Thunder Series dual cat-back exhaust. The rumble sounds very agressive at 2-3.5k RPM's. Then I replaced the clutch with a Luk Pro Gold and completed a top end fuel system clean of my engine.

Just with those few things, I've been able to stand out from the crowd and gain some nice power while boosting my mpg about .5